Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Fire's 20gal High

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by firesflightt, Mar 27, 2019.

1. firesflighttWell Known MemberMember

i personally think that this is kinda ugly.. haha.
    i'm wanting to fix up the vals on the left because their fronds are twisted.. too lazy at the moment
    after the anacharis bunch on the left i'm wanting to add more jungle vals. on the right side i want to maybe add a sword of some sort.
    i need more moss to stuff into places lol!
    i need some plant ideas

Attached Files:

2. PlatyloverFishlore VIPMember

I know this isn't necessarily the question, but you mention it looking ugly. Have you considered moving he hardscape around a bit? I think if you were to change how the dirftoowd was positioned it would help.

For plants, what about some mosses? Christmas or fissideans moss would look great on that wood. Anubis, hydrophilia, and banana plants are also options.

3. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

Wow, that's a beautiful tank, the wood and plants look awesome!

4. AlgonquinWell Known MemberMember

It's nice and natural looking, and the plants are grea! ...but if you are looking for input.... I think the driftwood and large rocks are competing with each other too much. I'd move the wood more into the centre, and have maybe one rock at one side near the back of the tank. The lovely driftwood should be more in the spotlight! Just my 2 cents :)

5. firesflighttWell Known MemberMember

thanks! i didn't mention it but the wood has some more wood coming off the back, so i might be able to flip it over and find a position i like. thanks so much, ill change around the rocks and put them near the back

6. AlgonquinWell Known MemberMember

Ahh, good to know - in the pic it kind of looks like the wood is actually 2 pieces, one stacked on top of the other.

7. PheonixKingZWell Known MemberMember

I agree with @Algonquin, the rocks and drift wood are kind of fighting for the tog, I say either do the rocks, or the drift wood, with more plants!! I love your tank!! :):)

8. firesflighttWell Known MemberMember

thanks, but i completely forgot about this thread, whoops.. here is a blurry photo of what it looks like now, i don't feel like rearranging again for a while. maybe i'll get some more plants soon 20190401_182243.jpg

9. PheonixKingZWell Known MemberMember

That looks great!! Much better than #1 tank. I think if you get a few more plants, it will look great!!:)