Fire's 20gal High

windrunner9189

Well Known
Reaction score
I personally think that this is kinda ugly.. haha.
i'm wanting to fix up the vals on the left because their fronds are twisted.. too lazy at the moment
after the anacharis bunch on the left i'm wanting to add more jungle vals. on the right side I want to maybe add a sword of some sort.
I need more moss to stuff into places lol!
I need some plant ideas

Attachments

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I know this isn't necessarily the question, but you mention it looking ugly. Have you considered moving he hardscape around a bit? I think if you were to change how the dirftoowd was positioned it would help.

For plants, what about some mosses? Christmas or fissideans moss would look great on that wood. Anubis, hydrophilia, and banana plants are also options.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Wow, that's a beautiful tank, the wood and plants look awesome!

Algonquin

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It's nice and natural looking, and the plants are grea! ...but if you are looking for input.... I think the driftwood and large rocks are competing with each other too much. I'd move the wood more into the centre, and have maybe one rock at one side near the back of the tank. The lovely driftwood should be more in the spotlight! Just my 2 cents

OP
W

windrunner9189

Well Known
Reaction score
Platylover said:
I know this isn't necessarily the question, but you mention it looking ugly. Have you considered moving he hardscape around a bit? I think if you were to change how the dirftoowd was positioned it would help.

For plants, what about some mosses? Christmas or fissideans moss would look great on that wood. Anubis, hydrophilia, and banana plants are also options.
Algonquin said:
It's nice and natural looking, and the plants are grea! ...but if you are looking for input.... I think the driftwood and large rocks are competing with each other too much. I'd move the wood more into the centre, and have maybe one rock at one side near the back of the tank. The lovely driftwood should be more in the spotlight! Just my 2 cents
thanks! I didn't mention it but the wood has some more wood coming off the back, so I might be able to flip it over and find a position I like. thanks so much, ill change around the rocks and put them near the back

Algonquin

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Ahh, good to know - in the pic it kind of looks like the wood is actually 2 pieces, one stacked on top of the other.

PheonixKingZ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I agree with Algonquin, the rocks and drift wood are kind of fighting for the tog, I say either do the rocks, or the drift wood, with more plants!! I love your tank!!

OP
W

windrunner9189

Well Known
Reaction score
PheonixKingZ said:
I agree with Algonquin, the rocks and drift wood are kind of fighting for the tog, I say either do the rocks, or the drift wood, with more plants!! I love your tank!!
thanks, but I completely forgot about this thread, whoops.. here is a blurry photo of what it looks like now, I don't feel like rearranging again for a while. maybe I'll get some more plants soon
20190401_182243.jpg

PheonixKingZ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
That looks great!! Much better than #1 tank. I think if you get a few more plants, it will look great!!

New Threads