Fire eel

JasmineY
I have had my fire eel for a year and he has already almost doubled in size (a little over a foot now), looks healthy and is in a 125 tank. I try to give him more diverse food options, but he will only eat frozen jumbo blood worms or live if I can find them. I have tried so many different things, but he won't touch it. I just want to make sure my eel is okay if I continue his diet like this or if anyone else has other options. I have tried live red blood worms many times, ghost shrimp, raw shrimp, tilapia, crab, frozen brine shrimp and half clams that are frozen from the fish store. I feel like night crawlers are too big for him right now so I haven't tried that yet.
Thanks!
Let me know if there's anything I can do. I also don't know if feeding him frozen bloodworms will make him too bloated over time.

Myyyman
I could be wrong, but I think they are exclusively carnivorous, which means that you've got him on a very diverse and healthy diet already. If he doesn't eat the other food you give him, then only feed him that food for a few days. If he doesn't eat it in that time then just feed him the frozen bloodworms again and try that every month. This is to try and train him into eating other foods. Otherwise he will hopefully recognise the new food as food and start eating it. I'm sure there are others with more experience in training fish to eat certain foods so they should be able to help you out more than I can.
Welcome to the Forum!

JasmineY
Okay thanks! I will definitely keep trying

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom