Fire Belly Newts

jigglesmax

HI everyone!

So I recently stocked a ten gallon (five zebra danios, four zebra nerites, and around a dozen red cherry shrimp) and I'm starting to have some crazy ideas formulate in my head. Would it be completely unacceptable to lower the water level so that the tank is only maybe 60-70% full (it's probably about 80% full right now) and add a fire-belly newt or two? Or instead of the newts, a couple of fire-belly toads? Or is that just a terrible idea? I may or may not be upgrading to a larger tank in the near future (if I do, I'll transfer all my fish into there and use the ten gallon for my amphibian of choice). I was just wondering what you guys think and what changes I would have to make to allow the addition of fire-belly newts or toads into the tank. Thanks guys!

hagmegsis

I would say no with out a larger tank or two separate tanks. You risk over stocking and possibly your fish being a snack.

jigglesmax

Gotcha. Thanks for the input!

hagmegsis

Your welcome

Phil1078

Toads and newts need access to land. You would have to provide a land area for them to crawl out on.

jigglesmax

Yeah, I was gonna buy one of those land docks that fit quite well in my ten gallon.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
e_watson09
Replies
Views
auntkiki
Replies
Views
dimitrinivo
Replies
Views