Fire bellied toads

dragonflygirl

Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about fire bellied toads? please i need alot of information.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I used to keep them. They are the most aquatic of all toads. So they need a set up with lots of water. They also need some "land" to rest on though. they will spend hours floating in the water. I didn't find this fact anywhere, but I believe they should be kept with at least one friend since they are very social in the wild. They are fed live crickets or mealworms--I recommend having a separate small feeding cage so you don't get drowned crickets floating everywhere. I always felt a bit sorry for the crickets, but on the other hand it was really cool to see how they hunted. They need to be fed every few days, and I think about twice a week my toads would eat around half a dozen crickets or 2-3 mealworms. Let's see...it is recommended that you don't handle Fire Bellies due to their sensitive skin. And their cages tend to get really smelly even after just a week. In other words, they need frequent cleaning. A lot of work, but really cool. Do an internet search, you should come up with a lot of info.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom