Fire and Ice Tetras?

MissMTS
I just got 3 fish from my local fish store called Fire and Ice Tetras. I have not been able to find any information on them and they are not listened in any of my books. I don't know whether this fish was named inncorrectly by the store, is a new fish, or if it is just rare. It has a red stripe with a pretty greenish color. I am curious to know what anyone else knows about this species. Thanks!

King_Snuggles
I have seen them before at petsmart. My mom used to have some. Besides that I can't help

0morrokh
Could you post a pic?

Butterfly
Could we have a picture please?
Carol

susitna-flower
Hi, Katie! I don't think I had said WELCOME to FISHLORE, yet.

Looks in you signature like you may be new here, but not to fishkeeping, you ALREADY have MTS! . I'm sure someone here will be able to answer your question soon, (we just ask for pictures cause we like pictures...)

MissMTS
I'll try to post some tonight when I get off !

Butterfly
(we just ask for pictures cause we like pictures...)
It also makes it easier to ID fish Many Fish stores and exporters like to dream up their own names for fish so sometimes it's hard to know what you have without pics
Carol

swords3711
I think I know what you're thinking. They look like a color variation of the three spot paraguay tetras they used to have there. They are silver with a black spot on the dorsal, anal, and tail fins. The three spots are really aggessive though. They are horrible fin nippers and they tend to fight with each other a lot. I think they are about an inch long or so. They don't relly look like other tets. They resemble the body shape of a neon tet.

Butterfly
I saw them at Petsmart today and they are Aphyocharax rathbunI .

MissMTS
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I only have 1 left. Apparently they aren't the hardiest little fish

Tavel
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I only have 1 left. Apparently they aren't the hardiest little fish

The petco by me tends to get weak fish that die off...while petsmart fosters some really aggressive little demons. You probably just got a weak batch, I hope you could at least get your money back.

MissMTS
I got them at my LFS, not Petco, that's why I was suprised that they were so week. Anyways, the one I have left is doing good, and he schools with my brass tetras

Eagles Fan
My dad had paraguay tets and they were hard to raise. They were little fin nippers

Allie
It also makes it easier to ID fish Many Fish stores and exporters like to dream up their own names for fish so sometimes it's hard to know what you have without pics
Carol
That what I was going to say.

Narcicius
I hope the last one makes it and keeps schooling wit hthe other tets, be sure to update its status if anything happens.

MissMTS
I hope the last one makes it and keeps schooling wit hthe other tets, be sure to update its status if anything happens.

I will. The others died over a month ago and this guy is still alive and happy. Like I said, he schools with my brass tetras....so I don't even know if he realizes that he isn't one of them! lol!

Narcicius
Sounds interesting, I would love to see a school of fish with one mismatch, might look pretty cool.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
megadub72
Replies
Views
Iggypuffer
  • Poll
Replies
Views
Levibeast
Replies