Finrot??

1. eliscofield12

eliscofield12 Valued Member Member

Does this look like finrot to y'all it's been there for about 2 weeks. [​IMG][​IMG]

2. peregrine

peregrine Valued Member Member

Hard to tell from the pic. However here is some info given to me by someone here. Can't remember who.

are the ends gray compared to rest of the fin.

And My best example of different ((I have had both nips and finrot)) Do they look like the spots were cut with scissors or put through a shredder?

3. OP
    OP
    eliscofield12

No grey.

4. Dave125g

Dave125g Fishlore Legend Member

What are your nitrate levels? Just wondering, it's hard to tell from the picture but your gourami looks like it has some nitrate burns

5. OP
    OP
    eliscofield12

Ok they are like 25 ppm.

6. g

gilpi Valued Member Member

Many of these diseases can be taken care of with massive water changes and keeping optimal water conditions to prevent it from happening... That is assuming it's fin rot. Could it be another fish nipping at the gourami?

7. OP
    OP
    eliscofield12

My tank is stocked with 2 honey gourami 2 fancy guppies 1 albino bristle nose pleco and 1 weather loach

8. Dave125g

Dave125g Fishlore Legend Member

Ok definitely not what I was thinking judging from your stock I'd say not fin nipping either, that pretty much just leaves fin rot. Frequent water changes will definitely help, there is also medications out there that do a wonderful job for that