Finrot? Fin Nipping?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Merryn O'Shea, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Merryn O'Shea

Merryn O'SheaValued MemberMember

Scroll down to see my explanation and story.

54D24332-4E0C-41A9-BD63-C4E0CD08E0C6.png54D24332-4E0C-41A9-BD63-C4E0CD08E0C6.pngBE2A03A3-28A2-4659-AD2C-E2BED11763DA.png92A60B44-E353-4D64-8469-406CD4FAA8E8.png6326717F-7498-47A9-8AB8-81E33922FFD1.png Guess who’s back again. Me! Surprise surprise. I bet everyone on here is shocked that my fish are still alive. I can’t believe it myself if I’m honest.

Anyway getting to the point, after the epidemic with two of my female bettas (see my last thread) the sorority has been fine, no other fish have fallen ill. However yesterday I noticed that my red female has roughed up fins and the tips, and at first I thought she got into a disagreement with another betta but I never see them not getting along. Thinking that it wasn’t anything I notice this morning that four other females have the same thing going on. And I’m here like . I’m starting to think that it is finrot, but when I had the issue with my tank before (see last thread) I used an anti finrot treatment supplied by my lfs. So surely it can’t be could it? The pictures are the best pictures I could get of a couple of my females. It would be great if somebody could help me... again.

2. Pictusboss

PictusbossValued MemberMember

honestly it doesn't look unnatural. probably just nipping. Fin rot typically looks a lot more severe than that. Just keep a close eye.

3. OP
    OP
    Merryn O'Shea

Merryn O'SheaValued MemberMember

Thank you, I will keep a close eye on them. I know it doesn’t really look like finrot but I never see them fight or anything so I was confused.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice