Important Finnipping! Urgent Help Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bettaguy17

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hello all, I got and set up my new 36 gallon tank yesterday, and put my fish in (I used all kinda old material from my other tanks to instacycle it) And the stocking plan was that silver dollar/neon tetra one i put up earlier, but i may have added goldfish ??? and a fishes tail looks like this: > but a fish (I dont know which one) bit off the top so its just a slash.... I believe it is the Silver dollar or Red eye tetra, and some other fishes are the same, but less, please help! and what do i do? Thanks, please reply fast.

OP
B

Bettaguy17

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
1 Zebra Danio (Other one died some time today)
1 Neon (The other one, i cant find)
2 Otto catfish
1 Silver Dolalr
1 Red Eye Tetra
1 Von Rio Tetra
2 Goldfish
1 Platy

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The fin nipping is a result of keeping schooling fish by themselves. Sorry to say, but you need to seriously reconsidder the stock of your tank.

Sammyboi1993

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yep Thats Your Problem:

Zebra Danio- Should Be Kept in a Group of at least 4
1 Neon- Groups of 6 as a Minium ( Same With All Tetras)
2 Otto catfish- Need to be kept in gropups of about 4
1 Silver Dolalr
1 Red Eye Tetra
1 Von Rio Tetra
2 Goldfish- Goldfish require cooler tempratures i think as they are cold water fish and all the above are either sub tropical or tropical
1 Platy

OP
B

Bettaguy17

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Ok... I'm gonna buy some more fish this weekend, so ill take care of that, but what fish do you think it is? I think its the red eye tetras.... (My zebra danios have been together [Only 2] for about a year and they have never fin nipped, so yea) but what do you think?

OP
B

Bettaguy17

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I know its not the von rio for sure, he has nips on him self and he is always hiding... the silver dollar is ussually just minding his own business, but i dont know for sure, but i know for sure its not the Von Rio

OP
B

Bettaguy17

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
No, i mean he just swims slowly, but the red eye is very hyper and moving all over and i can even see him go up to other fish, but i dont know if he wants to nip them or anything, he just goes up and looks at them, chases a little and goes away...

OP
B

Bettaguy17

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thanks, I figured it out, Silver Dollar: NO.....Von Rio Tetra: NO..... Red Eye Tetra: YES. A fish cant nip itself right? Everyfish in the tank has nips except for him. Returning him this weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 67 67.0%

Top Bottom