Finnex String Ray

allnaturalallen29

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Is the strongest good or bad saw it on Amazon I'm going to buy it...I know it's for low light plants which is good, all I have is the lights that came with the kit

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I do. I use the glass hood made for the aqueon. For a rimmed tank with hood, you can snap off the inner brackets and forego the screws of the lighting clamp. A lot of people don't realize that for some reason, even though there is a instruction saying you can. For a rimless, you can just use the clamp as is with the screws.

Tix

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
i did a little research and found out that Beamswork LED lighting is much cheaper and will do the same job, i am going to purchase one from Amazon, below is the link:

allnaturalallen29

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I do. I use the glass hood made for the aqueon. For a rimmed tank with hood, you can snap off the inner brackets and forego the screws of the lighting clamp. A lot of people don't realize that for some reason, even though there is a instruction saying you can. For a rimless, you can just use the clamp as is with the screws.
I asked this because I was worried about evaporation messing with the light because if I get this light I won't run it with a hood...what should I do

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You can run it without a hood. I see it all the time, regardless of what the manufacturer says.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom