Finnex stingray

idkausernamesoyeah

Well Known
Reaction score
Finnex Stingray LED Clip Light for Aquarium
I just ordered this on amazon thinking that it would be a rly good light for a 5 gallon tank. m I right? I want to grow rly good plants with a nice diversity without using fertilizer just a little bit of flourish gravel and a sand bottom. if anyone knows of any plants or has an opinion on the light please let me know!

TWiG87

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That should be perfect for a 5 gallon, depending on tank dimensions. I don’t have experience with that light, but I do have a Finnex light on my 20 gallon and I love it. As long as this one keeps working the way it is, I’ll be sticking with Finnex. I would stick to easier plants that don’t require a ton of light. Java fern or moss, crypts, some anacharis. I know you said you don’t plan on it, but A good all in one liquid fertilizer wouldn’t hurt either.

OP
idkausernamesoyeah

idkausernamesoyeah

Well Known
Reaction score
TWiG87 said:
That should be perfect for a 5 gallon, depending on tank dimensions. I don’t have experience with that light, but I do have a Finnex light on my 20 gallon and I love it. As long as this one keeps working the way it is, I’ll be sticking with Finnex. I would stick to easier plants that don’t require a ton of light. Java fern or moss, crypts, some anacharis. I know you said you don’t plan on it, but A good all in one liquid fertilizer wouldn’t hurt either.
what kind of fertilizer is best?

TWiG87

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
lower light plants with fertilizer will do just fine. Some of the ones I recommended are a good place to start. I have been using Aquarium Co Op easy green with pretty good results

OP
idkausernamesoyeah

idkausernamesoyeah

Well Known
Reaction score
TWiG87 said:
lower light plants with fertilizer will do just fine. Some of the ones I recommended are a good place to start. I have been using Aquarium Co Op easy green with pretty good results
ok awesome thanks so much

OP
idkausernamesoyeah

idkausernamesoyeah

Well Known
Reaction score
so if I have this light and I use the aquarium coop fertilizer what r some good carpeting plants I could use for a 5 gal?

New Threads