Finnex Ray2 Aquarium Led Daylight

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by capecodder, Apr 19, 2018.

1. capecodder

capecodderValued MemberMember

I have a 38 gallon bow front deep tank (29 inches) and I bought a
    Finnex Ray2 Aquarium LED Daylight since I have a planted tank. I've had the light about 2 months and I've also had algae for 2 months, a lot of it. I thought it would all equal out, I run the light 5-7 hours a day but the algae is doing much better then my plants. I've bought otto's and snails and clean the tank, water changes but still tons of algae. I did start to use excel but I seem to be losing some fish for no reason so I stopped and I do dose with ferts. I'm now floating some plants and that seems to have helped a bit but not completely. Any thoughts?

2. Iverg1

Iverg1Well Known MemberMember

Limit your lights a bit more. If algae keeps happening you should do a blackout where you turn off all the lights and cover the tank with a blanket so no light gets in since the algae will have no light it can’t produce photosynthesis. Do this for two(?) days but still feed your fish this might help Aquarium Algae Control

3. OP
    OP
    capecodder

capecodderValued MemberMember

Iverg...would the black out hurt my plants?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice