Finnex Ray 2 vs AquaRay GroBeam 600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It's my understanding that both of these light fixtures are in the medium to high light range. Just curious if anybody has the Ray 2 and how is working for them? I know Dadio has the GroBeam and he swears by it. Just wanted more opinions. The Ray 2 just seems a lot more accessible as I can just order it off Amazon but the other one is only sold on one or two websites. How does the PAR compare if anybody knows. THanks!

Dadio

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It's my understanding that both of these light fixtures are in the medium to high light range. Just curious if anybody has the Ray 2 and how is working for them? I know @Dadio has the GroBeam and he swears by it. Just wanted more opinions. The Ray 2 just seems a lot more accessible as I can just order it off Amazon but the other one is only sold on one or two websites. How does the PAR compare if anybody knows. THanks!
You have to look beyond just PAR when it comes to LEDS.

Read this www dot americanaquariumproducts dot com/Aquarium_Lighting.html

Dolfan

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I agree with Dadio that there is more to it then just PAR as you have to make sure that the lights are in the right wavelength and have a good spread pattern, etc. With that being said, PAR is a good estimate of if you will be in a low, medium, or high light tank. Here is a link to a thread all about LED's that may have some info for the various lights, you will need to sift through the 22 pages though....

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=160396

OP
Dom90

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thanks for the info guys, will have a read this evening.

Dadio

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I agree with @Dadio that there is more to it then just PAR as you have to make sure that the lights are in the right wavelength and have a good spread pattern, etc. With that being said, PAR is a good estimate of if you will be in a low, medium, or high light tank. Here is a link to a thread all about LED's that may have some info for the various lights, you will need to sift through the 22 pages though....

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=160396
Thanks my friend, yep I've sifted through it and that has a great deal of info as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom