Finnex Ray 2 vs AquaRay GroBeam 600

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Dom90, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

It's my understanding that both of these light fixtures are in the medium to high light range. Just curious if anybody has the Ray 2 and how is working for them? I know Dadio has the GroBeam and he swears by it. Just wanted more opinions. The Ray 2 just seems a lot more accessible as I can just order it off Amazon but the other one is only sold on one or two websites. How does the PAR compare if anybody knows. THanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. DadioWell Known MemberMember

You have to look beyond just PAR when it comes to LEDS.

Read this www dot americanaquariumproducts dot com/Aquarium_Lighting.html

3. DolfanFishlore VIPMember

I agree with Dadio that there is more to it then just PAR as you have to make sure that the lights are in the right wavelength and have a good spread pattern, etc. With that being said, PAR is a good estimate of if you will be in a low, medium, or high light tank. Here is a link to a thread all about LED's that may have some info for the various lights, you will need to sift through the 22 pages though....

4. Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Thanks for the info guys, will have a read this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. DadioWell Known MemberMember

Thanks my friend, yep I've sifted through it and that has a great deal of info as well.

6. DolfanFishlore VIPMember

Me too, it's a long read, but worth it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice