Finnex Planted + Vs Finnex Stingray

Stella

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I’d be using the light on a 10g and a 40g, if that makes a difference. Gundy1024, you’re tank looks really nice! Do you use co2?

Gundy1024

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Plants use iron to produce chlorophyll, so a lack of iron results in a lack of chlorophyll, and thus yellowing of the younger leaves. So basically it will make you plant greener and healthy. Flourish excel is a CO2 substitute. Plants use CO2 for photosynthesis, low CO2 will slow down your plant growth. I did not want to invest in a CO2 system so I started using Excel since it is a liquid CO2 substitute. I later started using Metricide14. It is the same base component (glutaraldehyde) as excel but has to be diluted to be safe for you aquarium. I would not start using that until you have researched and learned all you need to know about it.

Stella

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hmm, the iron might explain why my plants are still growing but turning yellow. Since you know more about this than I do, could the light be connected to plants growing but turning a yellow/reddish brown?

Gundy1024

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
That I do not know. I know that once I started using the Finnex 24/7 and letting the plants get about 8 hours of max power they have done great.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom