Finnex planted plus 24/7 hlc vs. finnex stingray 2 vs. vivagrow 24/7 vs. beamswork 6500k?

wtusa1783

Well Known
Anyone have experiences with these lights? I want to turn my 20 high to a 20 long and make it a low/medium tech tank. I don’t know what to choose between the beamswork, vivagrow, and finnex stingray. Which would be the best? I know the stingray is a decent light but what about the 2 budget options? I also want to upgrade the light on my 29 gallon high tech with co2. What’s the difference between the planted plus hlc and the stingray 2? Also, is the vivagrow a similar light to the finnex ones? I’m asking for anyone who have used these lights to get accurate info.

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
I have finnex planted 24 / 7 hlc on 4 of my 7 tanks. They are all planted and going great. I have to dim regularly due to i run low n med light plants. So wouls be good i believe for high light as well. They are also affordable on amazon.

My 55 gal is just old model

Attachments

OP
W

wtusa1783

Well Known
SanDiegoRedneck said:
I have finnex planted 24 / 7 hlc on 4 of my 7 tanks. They are all planted and going great. I have to dim regularly due to i run low n med light plants. So wouls be good i believe for high light as well. They are also affordable on amazon.

My 55 gal is just old model
Ok thanks! The hlc is the one I was gonna get but I’ve seen deft reviews for the more budget ones so I just wanna make sure I don’t spend money I didn’t need to. Fish keeping is EXPENSIVE!!! Nice tanks!

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
wtusa1783 said:
Ok thanks! The hlc is the one I was gonna get but I’ve seen deft reviews for the more budget ones so I just wanna make sure I don’t spend money I didn’t need to. Fish keeping is EXPENSIVE!!! Nice tanks!
Thank you. And your welcome.

It can get expensive especially to set up. But there alot of good tips to save $ on here

New Threads