Finnex Fugeray Planted+

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Kimberly4403, Jul 15, 2015.

1. K

Kimberly4403 Well Known Member Member

Has anyone got one of these light units and can you show me your low light planted setups with this unit?

Also love to here from any in Australia with this model.. How do you find replacement parts are they easy to come by?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. Jswin

Jswin Well Known Member Member

I have one. Fantastic light. ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436996909.215116.jpg

3. Dolfan

Dolfan Fishlore VIP Member

Here is a link to my article on getting started with low light / low tech tanks, the photo at the top is my 40 gallon breeder with a Finnex Planted Plus....

https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/content/297-how-set-up-low-light-low-tech-planted-tank.html

As for replacement parts, what parts are you talking about? It is basically all one piece so not many parts. There are little screw on clips, but once you install the light you should have no issues. It's not like a filter impellor or air pump diaphragm that can wear out over time. Nothing really to replace. The LED's are supposed to last around 40,000 hours of use.

With LED's you don't replace the bulbs or ballast like standard fluorescent fixtures, that is part of the huge savings long term.

4. OP
    OP
    K

Oh ok that makes sense.. With my aqua one light unit i replace bulbs every 12 months

Dolfan your link isnt working keeps taking me back to home page

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2018 at 1:33 PM
  5. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

I think it's a bug the mods are aware of. Do you have access to a non-mobile device?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

6. M

MichaelM Valued Member Member

If your on mobile just open the link on a normal browser

Sent from my SM-N910V using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

7. Bluestreakfl

Bluestreakfl Well Known Member Member

I have the planted plus 48" on my 55g and it does really well for me.

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437002421.016865.jpg

Bit of shade in the center as my banana plants have sent up shoots with lily pad like leaves and they seem to have gone to the center area.

8. Jswin

Jswin Well Known Member Member

And I don't know if I would consider this a low light setup. I have a lot of med/high and high light plants such as my Madagascar lace which is growing like a weed(not meant to be a pun)
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437069171.016926.jpg

9. B

Brook16 New Member Member

How would this light do on a 10 gallon aqueon tank?

10. Gvilleguy

Gvilleguy Valued Member Member

I have the fugeray planted+ 16" on my 10 gallon shrimp tank. It is plenty of light, but I only have Java stuff in there. ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437069578.503304.jpg

11. OP
    OP
    K

I dont want to have to get into CO2 injections etc so really want i light unit for low light low tech tank

12. Bluestreakfl

Bluestreakfl Well Known Member Member

Light requirements in some cases are subjective. Many plants will grow in a wide range of light. However, in higher light, they may grow faster, or develop the reddish orange color near the tips. Ludwigia Repens is a good example. It will grow in low, medium, or high light. The higher the light, the more red the tips will get and higher light will make more of the plant orange/red. In lower light it still grows fine, a hair slower, and doesn't get as red, mainly just the very tips. The planted plus will put most tanks in the high end of low light, to the low end of medium light. I don't use CO2 injection in my tank with the planted plus, just occasionally dose Excel to keep some available carbon in the water column.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice