29 Gallon Tank Finishing the Stock of My 29 Gallon

kdxj5

Hey all,

So Ive had my 29 gallon aquarium for about 9 months now. I want to add a few more fish to my aquarium but I want to make sure I am not overstocking it. I wanted some suggestions since AQ Advisor is down, although I known that site is not totally accurate when it comes to stocking fish. Heres my stock so far:
7 Serpae Tetras
3 Black Phantom Tetras
4 Julii Corydoras
1 Whiptail Catfish

I want to add a pair of Apistogramma Trifasiata and 5 Silver Hatchetfish. What do you all think of this stock? Do you think my tank would be overstocked?

PS: I do have a planted tank and my tank is overfiltered.

jkkgron2

I think you can add the apistos but you need to up the corys and black phantom tetras to schools of 6.

AquaticQueen

How much work are you willing to put into the tank? If you stay on top of water changes, you could probably get away with adding 3-4 more black skirt tetras, a couple more juliis, and of course the apistos. Just make sure to monitor your nitrates.

FishAndDoom

I agree with adding more tetras, cories, and the apistos. Adding the hatchets would just be too much, IMO. I think it looks a lot better when you have fewer, but bigger schools opposed to more schools with less fish. Adds a level of cohesion to the visual aspect of the tank.

kdxj5

FishAndDoom said:
I agree with adding more tetras, cories, and the apistos. Adding the hatchets would just be too much, IMO. I think it looks a lot better when you have fewer, but bigger schools opposed to more schools with less fish. Adds a level of cohesion to the visual aspect of the tank.
Hey maybe I should explain why I have 3 black phantom tetras. I had 7 before I added the Serpaes but unfortunately an ich outbreak happened and reduced that number to 3. They most likely had ich at the store because they were the only fish in the aquarium at the time. I agree about adding more Julii , but i may give my black phantoms to the LFS. I really like hatchetfish and havent kept them in along time.

FishAndDoom

kdxj5 said:
Hey maybe I should explain why I have 3 black phantom tetras. I had 7 before I added the Serpaes but unfortunately an ich outbreak happened and reduced that number to 3. They most likely had ich at the store because they were the only fish in the aquarium at the time. I agree about adding more Julii , but i may give my black phantoms to the LFS. I really like hatchetfish and havent kept them in along time.
If you do hatchets just make sure you have a good lid, they can be jumpy.

kanzekatores

Up tetras and cories amount. I think apistos would work but idk about hatchets.

Top Bottom