Finished aquarium stand

1. Chris99 Well Known Member Member

I finished the tank stand. This is the same basic design you can find all over. The stain is darker than I expected but I'm still happy with the results. I feel much better with this than the particle board stand we bought at the big box store.
    [​IMG]

2. sbdzx Member Member

Hi--I'd like to see your stand, but somehow the link isn't working...

3. Chris99 Well Known Member Member

Strange. I see the picture in the post itself. It is just the one picture.

4. sbdzx Member Member

Weird. I see just a link, and it leads to an error message: Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.

Stupid computer. Maybe if you posted it again it might work? So sorry!

5. Adam55 Well Known Member Member

Hmmm...no picture there.

6. Chris99 Well Known Member Member

[​IMG]

7. Adam55 Well Known Member Member

Well done. Did you design and build that yourself then? It looks great.

8. Chris99 Well Known Member Member

Thanks. I used the 2x4 design I've seen in multiple places. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN4Y9AYuwcQ I just finished it off with some burch plywood and trim. The lighting in that picture makes it hard to see. I built it in about two days. One day to build, one to stain.

9. delta5 Well Known Member Member

You stained it? How many coats did it take to get it that dark? I thought it was painted black from the pic.

10. Chris99 Well Known Member Member

I used the stain/polyurethane mix. It was expresso and I thought would turn out a deep brown. I only did 2 coats. Enough to make sure it was protected but I didn't want it to get any darker.

11. Chris99 Well Known Member Member

In the right light the wood grain does show through but it basically looks black.

12. sbdzx Member Member

Wow, that's a great stand! You even put a cabinet-type door on the front. Love the color, and love the tank, too. Though it seems like a fair deal of work, I bet you had fun doing this.

13. mg13 Well Known Member Member

wow!

is it fresh water or salt water? and how many gallons is it?

sorry, i didn't watch the video, if you answered the questions in there.

14. Chris99 Well Known Member Member

That's not my video, just a how to I used for the basic design. It is a 75 gallon freshwater. It was more work than I anticipated but it gave me an excuse to buy the miter saw I've been wanting. :)

15. Chris99 Well Known Member Member

This picture shows more of the detail and the color.

Attached Files:

16. Archie1208 Member Member

Really cool .... Great job. Wish I had the drive

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum