Finicky Discus

Vichu

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have bought half a dozen of discus 3weeks back(3 and half inches) and quarantined them for two weeks before adding them to my main tank. They all started eating what I fed except one which accepts only my GHM,Freeze dried brine shrimp and none of the flake food.
Even other 5 started growing well at least half a inch and one even got to be 4 and half now.

What should I do to this finicky guy to accept my flake food I have tried ocean nutrition discus food,Discus food grand Champion and azoo tropical micro pellets others go crazy for it!

This guy is smaller when compared with others and no signs of illness as he comes in front wanting for food(only GHM),good colour as well,normal poop(Only when he eats )

Water changes thrice a week 20%,30% and 50% respectively.

PH:7.3
Nitrite and ammonia : 0 as it is well established 1yr old tank.
Nitrate: 14ppm

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You get finnicky ones every once in a while. My go to is live california black worms which appear to be taken by anything. Eventually you can begin gradually moving towards a store bought food. You could also try soaking the flakes or frozen food in garlic to try to get the fish to eat. Garlic is usually taken very well.

Vichu

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi Dutchaquarium first of all thanks for your reply.... I have tried soaking it in garlic that as well didn't go well with him earlier.
I feel he might get stunted because of this behavior as I'm out on weekdays and back only on weekends.
My parents are only taking care during weekdays including water changes and I can't push them to take special care for him during feeding.
But on weekends he keeps me rolling around the tank to get his tummy bulge sigh..!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom