finding nemo

1. slayer980

slayer980 Valued Member Member

is there a freshwater fish that looks like a clownfish? i am gonna setup a tank for my daughter and she loves finding nemo. i hope there is but wouldnt be surprised if there isnt. thank you in advance

2. L

Lemlat Valued Member Member

Not really sure but imo, small Ranchu Goldfish kinda looks like the common clownfish.

3. A

Alphonsus Well Known Member Member

If you look really closely a tiger barb might look like a clownfish

4. A

The problem with trying to find something that looks like another is that each fish especially if they are from different species and environment are not going to look the same. Clownfish have there own special features thus you can't find something that looks like it in freshwater. The designs and features are also different due to the environment. Freshwater and saltwater aren't usually the same.

5. DrSahl

DrSahl Valued Member Member

Often its not the looks of the fish (sure it is nice to have good looking fish) but the behaviour that is going to last in the long run.. atleast thats my opinion.

I don't know of any fish that look "alot" like the clownfish.

However if you want bright colours, Malawi's will give it

6. A

How big is your tank? If you haven't gotten one Petco has a dollar per gallon sale lasting till July 17. I would suggest getting a 40 breeder which would be enough to get a good amount of fish that your daughter would love. Trust me when it comes to kids the bigger the tank the better since not only can you get more fish but they will just look at the tank and they have to move around to get a better look. A 10 gallon usually doesn't last for kids as all they do is stay in one spot and you can only put a few fish. Big tank + lots of fish(the right fish otherwise it would be more of a nightmare) = happy kids

7. WeepingShadesOfIndigo

WeepingShadesOfIndigo Valued Member Member

If you could do a brackish tank there are a few like bumblebee goby? Sort of similar. Very cute anyway!