Finaly up and running!

MonteCarloZ38
Hey guys, well I finally did it. After spending **** load of money and countless I give up stages, everything is up and running.
Here is my set up right now:
75gal tank
Fluval 405 canister filter
Aquaclear 70 pump
Super Skimmer 65
60lb live sand (30 from beach, 30 from LFS)
70lb of live rock (40 from beach, 30 from LFS)

5 damsels
1 foxface

Its been around a month and a half and I lost 5 damsels and 1 foxface, my levels are not completely balanced yet. I still have little ammonia and some nitrites but my fish have been living for 3 weeks. I also added "Bio Spira Marine Nutrifying Bacteria" which lowered my ammonia by half in 2 days.

Thanks for every ones help!

Here are some pics.

PS: Got 25lb of high quality live rock today from LFS for $3.75 per lb. They have a happy hour special on Mondays where fish stuff is 25% off. Looks like top of the line stuff that sells for 7$ per lb

agsansoo
Great looking tank ! Where are you located that you can get beach sand ?

offminded
Great looking tank!

Oil_Fan
Nice!! I love the look of the foxface!!

MonteCarloZ38
Thank you all
I am in St.Petersburg, Florida. About 15 minutes from 3 beaches

PS: All levels are now 0! I don't know if its because I added 25lb of live rock or that bio spira stuff is really working, but none the less I am so happy!

agsansoo
Bio spira works real good. I used it when I set-up my tank. Cycles a tank in 24 to 48 hours. Just keep an eye out for raised nitrates. Are you doing any water changes ?

MonteCarloZ38
Since I have added the bio spira it has been 4 days and no water changes since I added it. Going to wait a week before I do a 10% change.

agsansoo
You should test at least once a week.

MonteCarloZ38
Tested today, everything is at 0, except the pH hehe

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jesterrace
Replies
Views
VirginaBeachMike
Replies