1. coryman55 Member Member

After months of growing and cycling my iwagumi is finally done!

4 gallon cube
    Jbj internal filter
    Hydor 25 watt heater (78 degrees)
    6 watt led
    Co2 one bubble every other second
    Ada step 2 (1 pump every other day)
    Ada brightly k (One pump every other day)
    4 Sakura grade rcs
    2 gold back rcs
    1 oto
    2 baby White Cloud Mountain minnows
    Full Monte Carlo carpet

How does it look?
  2. KaderTheAnt Well Known Member Member

Everything's nice but I wouldn't add the otto or the WCs. Both species need a 20g long to live happily and they both prefer to be in groups.

3. goplecos Well Known Member Member

4. coryman55 Member Member

My WC are moving soon. I want chili rasboras but heard they bother shrimp

5. KaderTheAnt Well Known Member Member

They won't work in there either. Once again, they like schools and need about 20 g long .
  6. MikeRad89 Well Known Member Member

A couple (literally 2) male guppys or 3-5 male endlers would really be your only readily available choice as far as fish.
  7. coryman55 Member Member

8. goplecos Well Known Member Member

They will eat the shrimp. And in such a small tank the males will be aggressive, you need a 10 gallon minimum to have a all male colony. I wouldn't add anything except shrimp. The thing is it's a cube and schooling fish need a long rectangular tank. You could get a betta just make sure you have somewhere else to put him if he goes after the shrimp since every betta is different.
  9. Jocelyn Adelman Fishlore VIP Member

Guppies won't work in a four gallon. Ten is minimum for three males.... endless wouldn't work either...

Other thing of concern is the two varieties of rcs... they will breed with each other and you will end up with a brown mess (yes, I tried it). I have a betta with rcs, three in fact. One leaves them completely alone, one leaves the adults alone but eats some of the juvies, one hunts them all.
    I've even seen my guppies eat a rcs whole (was actually funny, spotted a guppy looking not so great, when I walked over to the tank the rcs head was still hanging out of its mouth... no idea where she got the idea to eat it, likely she won't do again, didn't seem comfortable)