Finally went and got him

1. STLBluesFan Member Member

this is our new betta, for my bedroom tank. he is red with blue-ish dots, that almost make him look purprle at a certain angle, and i believe we are naming him Edge, since he is a Crown tail. i wasnt able to find the ADF's that are going to be his tank mated =( that was the first time ive went to petco or petsmart and not seen them, figures lol

Attached Files:

2. QQQUUUUAADDD Well Known Member Member

Beautiful colors!

Full tank shot, pleeaaase?

3. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

Both Arnold and south county Petsmarts get their fish shippments on Fridays.

4. STLBluesFan Member Member

i went to the ones in arnold, and fenton on gravois bluff, couldnt find any ADF's, i got the betta at the gravois bluffs in fenton

5. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Beautiful looking Betta.

6. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

I don't know much about the store in Fenton, I only go to Gravios bluffs to get my haircut and stop by Barnes and Noble. I go to the store in arnold almost and the one in south county ( it's on Lemay Ferry right south of I-255/270, if you haven't been there) and a LFS called Tropical world Pets near Kirkwood almost every Friday, I will let you know if any of these stores get any, if you would like. Might save you a trip.

7. STLBluesFan Member Member

yeah, you could do that lexi, but i dont know when id be able to get up there, its over an hour drive lol ... and here is your full tank pic Quad

Attached Files:

8. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

I'll just let you know every Friday then;D

9. STLBluesFan Member Member

out of all the betta's that i looked at in arnold, and fenton, this one, out of probably a hundred was the only one that reacted to me and showed any kind of emotion at all

10. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

He is so handsome! And his tank looks like a nice fun place

11. STLBluesFan Member Member

i have all kinds of specialty things for him lol, big leafs for him to rest on, all silk plants, i have a little suction cup betta hammock thing coming. i have the filter baffled so the current isnt too strong for him, the filter intake covered with nylon so it cant suck his fins in. the hiding places such as the 2 terra cotta pots and the little log are really more for his soon to be tank mates hopefully, 2-3 ADF'S

12. nippybetta Well Known Member Member

I'll have to get over to Petco on Saterday, then. That betta looks spoiled in that tank. Of course, there are worse fates :)

13. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

Friday store report: Arnold Petsmart has ADFs. Saw 7 or so in the tank. Didn't get to visit other stores gotta work overtime today.

14. STLBluesFan Member Member

just got back from the petsmart in arnold lol, came home with 2

15. ilikeendlers Initiate Member

very neat layout and decorations for the betta.
    I'm sure he's very appreciative of it.
    The contrast of colors really brings out the color of the betta.
    Way to go!