Finally, the 20 gallon concept shrimp tank done

Discussion in 'Shrimps and Crabs' started by brodylane1122, Dec 13, 2012.

1. brodylane1122

brodylane1122Well Known MemberMember

Well, after asking question after question, and doing everything step by step, I transformed my 20 gallon from the greek/athenian theme to my concept theme. My original plan was to have the moss and driftwood on one side and a "marimo" garden on the other. I stuck with the dual themed concept but did the driftwood/moss on one side and a few rock structures I built on the other to conceal the heater. I may still add some more marimo in the future.

As you can see, it is not a "showcase" tank, but definitely a concept tank, which is just fine with me!
    Picture.jpg

2. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassionModeratorModerator Member

It is a great tank for breeding :)

3. OP
    OP
    brodylane1122

Funny that you should say that, because after a long time with no berried females, I saw one today. I had been dreading doing the whole move for awhile, just due to the fact of the stress for the shrimp/neons. But after taking all of them out and having them in a bucket with heater and filter for a couple of hours, and then reintroducing them to the tank with only %50 of the old water, I only lost two shrimp out of the 30 something that I have. And now in their new environment (NO SEED SHRIMP!!! YES!!!), my cherries seem to be lot more active! So I'm hoping for a breeding frenzy.

Right now, the only issue I've had is the lighting for the xmas moss. I only had one 19 watt strip light for the tank, which is very low light. But I just added another 17 watt strip light today. I've also started giving the tank a little dose of leaf zone each week. So it's just wait and see now!!!'

Amazon, any advice as I go forward? And ideas to add to the tank?

4. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassionModeratorModerator Member

Cholla wood would look good in that tank and make excellent nurseries for shrimplets. Also have you considered getting some shrimp condos? or you can make your own.

5. OP
    OP
    brodylane1122

I'm kind of in the DIY mode right now as you can see. Tell me a little bit about different ways to make shrimp condos?. And I'm trying to stick with the open front theme, so I wouldn't want anything to "crowd" the tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice