Finally setting up the 75 gallon....

Charlie’s Dad

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hello all....

My wife an I finally have our other 75 gallon up and running. I am cycling it now.

Just wanted to share. Open for ideas and suggestions.....

Brian an Diana in NC
15949040956824174113058363767153.jpg

FishBoy101

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Charlie’s Dad said:
Hello all....

My wife an I finally have our other 75 gallon up and running. I am cycling it now.

Just wanted to share. Open for ideas and suggestions.....

Brian an Diana in NC
15949040956824174113058363767153.jpg
Where did you find the stand? An lfs or something? Cause I can't seem to find any stands for my 75 right now. But gl with the tank! They look bigger in real life xd

Basil

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
What is your planned stocking? That will determine the scape.
Have fun! It’s a great size tank. Here’s my 75 and I have another empty that I really want to do an African cichlid tank with. :)
1670CD4E-353E-4ECB-8789-6F45C3BDAE59.jpeg

CichlidJynx

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I’m a fan on African cichlids in particular Tanganyikans, 75 gallons is a good size for a school of tropheus? Or maybe some Mbuna

FishBoy101

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
SouthAmericanCichlids said:
I now flower horns can be very personable. Or maybe angels or discus.
75 is small for a discus tank. And if a 75, then only 1 young flowerhorn.

jake37

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Kribs or apistogramma - they take the bottom of the tank so you can still have dither stuff at the top. If you go with a smallish fish like apistogramma than 30 or 50 kubotai rasbora or cdp keeping the top busy is nice. Also many of the apistogramma have red trim which clash nicely with the green kubotai.

BusterBot28

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I really like my boesemani rainbow fish. They come to say hi whenever I get near the tank and have never been jerks to any of my smaller fish or big boys. I even accidentally bred them when I moved plants to a shrimp tank .

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
BusterBot28 said:
I really like my boesemani rainbow fish. They come to say hi whenever I get near the tank and have never been jerks to any of my smaller fish or big boys. I even accidentally bred them when I moved plants to a shrimp tank .

Lol those babies will eat your shrimplets. Been there. Bosemani are great fish!!

OP
Charlie’s Dad

Charlie’s Dad

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My wife wants to move our koi to the new tank an in turn move our oscars to there 36 gallon. She also wants to retire the 29 gallon we have. Some weeks it does seem a bit much and other days it doesn't stress me at all lol......no doubt it takes commitment regardless.:)

SouthAmericanCichlids

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Charlie’s Dad said:
My wife wants to move our koi to the new tank an in turn move our oscars to there 36 gallon. She also wants to retire the 29 gallon we have. Some weeks it does seem a bit much and other days it doesn't stress me at all lol......no doubt it takes commitment regardless.:)
Oscars need a MUCH bigger tank than a 36g and koi also need a MUCH bigger tank than a 75g.

jake37

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Vaguely i think they plan to upgrade as needed but yea at adult size the oscar needs a large tank - probably not as large as an adult clown loach but pretty large.

SouthAmericanCichlids said:
Oscars need a MUCH bigger tank than a 36g and koi also need a MUCH bigger tank than a 75g.

New Threads