Finally!! My cycle..

JackieN

Hi..I just had to share..my cycle has started...it's gone down from 1.0 for the last few weeks, to .25 or less this a.m., I'm just beside myself. Will test for nitrates tomorrow..I do have live plants in the tank, and read that they help to absorb nitrates..so I'm hoping all my readings will be in the normal range in the next few days.
Going to pop a cork on some celebratory champagne..*just kidding*
Jackie ;D

Manicivy

Congrats!!!!! Its a great feeling when your patience pays out and now you can go get some pretty fish!

lokky.funky

Great Jackie,

Congrats

Hope my 8 gallon cycles soon..

What are you planning to have in your aquarium?

JackieN

lokky.funky said:
Great Jackie,

Congrats

Hope my 8 gallon cycles soon..

What are you planning to have in your aquarium?
Unfortunately, I didn't know enough..I already have fish in this tank. I lost a few..and have two fish that have some problems, but I'm working on getting them fixed up. But you can see in my sig file what I still have in the tank.
It's a happy day, but I feel bad that I didn't read enough to know to cycle fishless. But I worked my butt off doing water changes and fighting a case of ick a few weeks ago..and there IS a light at the end of the tunnel.
Thanks for your good wishes!
Jackie ;D

JackieN

Manicivy said:
Congrats!!!!! Its a great feeling when your patience pays out and now you can go get some pretty fish!
As I wrote in another post..I already have fish..bad girl, bad girl..but so far..soooo good. Thanks for the congrats!!!!
Jackie ;D

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom