Finally my angels got it right!

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by Alasse, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Alasse

Alasse Well Known Member Member

Finally!! I have 2 breeding pairs of Angels who lay eggs like clockwork every 7-10 days. They also eat them every 7-10 days *LOL* I'd given up hope of them getting it right and they now live all together with a 5th Angel in a 3ft tank.

So yesterday morning i was watching them and their antics, and noticed what looked this white fungus or something floating on a leaf, so i go over for a closer look and its a pile of wrigglers with Mum & Dad madly grabbing them when they take a swim away from the leaf, and spitting them back into the big pile...OMG i'm excited. They've never got this far before. I'm hoping some make it as i'm dying to see what this pairing produces!

Later in the day i'm again watching the tank & the angel fry are swimming all over lol...poor Pair1 Mum & Dad cant keep up.

Funny thing the other pair have laid eggs, but looks like quite a few arent viable. But what did i notice pair 2 doing, grabbing fry and spitting them onto their leaf *L* They are stealing some of the fry from pair one & making them their own.

Anyone heard of this happening before??

I look again this morning, Pair2's eggs are gone, or some could have hatched. So they have Pair1's fry and some of their own. Pair 1 has fry all around them....tis awesome to see them both (after both having many many many unsuccessful spawns) of the pairs raising fry!

Newest development - This tank is like watching Days of Our Lives *LMAO*

Pair2 has stolen most of the fry for themselves now, the Koi male is VERY determined, at the rate he going he will soon have them all *L* Pair1 will very soon be fryless i would say, well until the male1 decides he wants them back. Should make for an interesting watch *L*

Some pics
    Female1 with fry
    [​IMG]

Male2 (the thief with his ill gotten gains)
    [​IMG]

Female2 (partner in crime)
    [​IMG]

2. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Ohhhhhhhh That's adorable! LOL Congrats!

I'll be looking forward to other responses you receive. What a strong parental instinct they have!

Thanks for sharing with us!
    Ken

3. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Congrats on the wigglers. Wow, you've got some serious drama going on in that tank. Maybe you should name the tank "Charlie's Angels".:p

4. redlessi

redlessi Well Known Member Member

That is so cute, hehe. Congrats on the fry!!!

I guess you can never have too many parents.................

5. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Congrats! So cute! Thanks for sharing! :;hf

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice