finally my 55 gallon has finished its cycle

1. Bubba the Gump Member Member

This will be the second time ive cycled this tank, after the first time it was stored for around six months, in my first cycle i used the add daily method with pure ammonia, this time i did the oppisite add and wait, and i have to say it seems like it took longer, now the question is what to stock? a single oscar ive always wanted to try out or the same ole variety of different but compatible species fish, im also doing the add and wait on a 5 gallon and it seems like its draggin on forever as well. in my opinion i think the add daily is a faster method, but i aint to scared to say it a group of zebra danios and the proper knowledge of what to do is a lot more work but the quickest ive ever cycled a tank.

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Congrats on the cycle Bubba! I've read other posts in the past that stated smaller tanks can take longer to cycle than larger ones.
    I'll be looking forward to more updates from you!
    Ken

3. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Congrats on the cycle! Your stock list can depend on what kind of fish you're interested in. If you want a community, tetras all the way with some cories would look brilliant :D

4. Bubba the Gump Member Member

yeah i always been a fan of black ruby barbs, not crazy bout tigers ive had em before, but again, my lfs here doesnt have the black rubys. if i do a community a red tail shark is sure to be in the mix

ill try and get a pic up this week of the 55 gallon, and my bettas ten gallon tank. going out tomorrow to make some decisions on what to stock in the 55