FINALLY MOVING SUNFISH TO BIGGER TANK!!!!!! But I need help

Emily Green

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hey all!!! Tiny Tim is pushing 6 inches...I'm moving him and my convict to a 55 gallon! Finally have room!!!! :)
Anyway, my mom was on a staging job and her clients had a pair of 6 year old green severums that had like 12 babies...they're looking to adopt out the babies.

Right now the babies are about 2 inches...the size of my convict. Would they be ok with my Greenie when they are full grown? Or are they not "aggressive" enough? Tiny Tim really isn't aggressive....but my convict is, for how little he is (which is weird).

Should I put them in the tank they're giving me (a 29 gallon that's the same width of a regular aquarium but it's really tall i guess) until they are big enough? Or go ahead and put them in there when I get the tank set up?
If I do that, should I put them in there before I put Tiny Tim and Jellybean in? So when they get in they will acclimate? I have no idea how to do this.

Again, not urgent, but I'd like to know ASAP.
thanks!!!!

BDpups

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
All the names are confusing me. Sorry. But what are you putting into the 55? The species of fish. Not the names you have given them.

biller

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
From my understanding it is...
1 sunfish
1 convict
And she wants to put some green severums in with em to a 55g.

Sent from my P900/Q900 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

junebug

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You want to keep a sunfish and a convict together? Uhm. This will not end well...

Emily Green

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Green sunfish, convict, two green severums.

Actually, the convict is doing really well with my sunfish. I'm just curious as to housing those two with the severums is a good idea or not

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom