Raideress

Reaction score
They seem to like the tank even though its a bit messy

OP
Raideress

Raideress

Reaction score
LightBrownPillow said:
Congrats! Just started my first saltwater tank last month with a pair of ocellaris too.
cool you added anything else yet?

e_watson09 said:
Congrats! They're gorgeous
they are so cute, thanks :)

i want Disney Names, as im a disney nut, but didnt want Nemo, Marlin or coral, my plan was Moana and Maui, but want a small star at some point and that will be maui the shape shifter, so far the names are looking to be Moana and Hei Hei or Moana and sharkbait, suggestions welcome :)

HarrisonAquatics

Reaction score
Love it! The tank is so cute - I think going the route with fake decor is a great way to get into the saltwater side.

Have you done research on clownfish behavior in pairs? They all start out as neuter animals (or males), and the biggest, most dominant fish in a pair/group becomes the female. Females are typically pretty aggressive, although most of the time it's just a display of dominance and not them actually doing any damage.

kanzekatores

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Raideress said:
i want Disney Names, as im a disney nut, but didnt want Nemo, Marlin or coral, my plan was Moana and Maui, but want a small star at some point and that will be maui the shape shifter, so far the names are looking to be Moana and Hei Hei or Moana and sharkbait, suggestions welcome :)
I vote sharkbait (Shark Bait Huu ha ha!)
I love your clownfish, they're gorgeous. You could squeeze in more invertebrates and maybe a blenny or goby. I'm keeping peppermint shrimp too, but they're not that active and mostly hide. Clowns are just perfect saltwater fish imo; they're so pretty, hardy, and personable!

OP
Raideress

Raideress

Reaction score
watermelon46 said:
I vote sharkbait (Shark Bait Huu ha ha!)
I love your clownfish, they're gorgeous. You could squeeze in more invertebrates and maybe a blenny or goby. I'm keeping peppermint shrimp too, but they're not that active and mostly hide. Clowns are just perfect saltwater fish imo; they're so pretty, hardy, and personable!
i plan pulling out the fake anenome and plants they dont show interest in, as atm i have heaps and i think a little too much, but they are rubbing all the soft stuff LOL
would like to do maybe a small star, but will need to look at options to help clean and think stars and shrimp dont mix well from early reading, will do a lot of reading and chatting about options for whats next

im trying to name them and my 3 year old says no they are Nemo lol and is kissing the glass lol

OP
Raideress

Raideress

Reaction score
Decided to name them Moana and SharkBait :)
1b.jpg
2b.jpg
7b.jpg
6b.jpg
11b.jpg

HarrisonAquatics

Reaction score
Love it! I'm glad they're doing well for you.

How're they doing? Are you dealing well with the transition to saltwater? I know it's not that hard, but I remember being a little uncertain when I made the switch. Even when I was 100% sure all my parameters were in check, I'd still feel kinda freaked for the first little while.

OP
Raideress

Raideress

Reaction score
HarrisonAquatics said:
Love it! I'm glad they're doing well for you.

How're they doing? Are you dealing well with the transition to saltwater? I know it's not that hard, but I remember being a little uncertain when I made the switch. Even when I was 100% sure all my parameters were in check, I'd still feel kinda freaked for the first little while.
Im checking PH and temp morning and night :) and watching closely, they are greedy at food time so thats good

Thanks little nervous, but going well

tuggerlake26

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Raideress said:
Im checking PH and temp morning and night :) and watching closely, they are greedy at food time so thats good

You'll do great! Biggest thing is to make sure you top the water off if it evaporates to keep the salinity in check. And also don't give up if you get an algae bloom. I've found algae to be much more stubborn in saltwater vs freshwater.

HarrisonAquatics

Reaction score
Raideress said:

Sounds good! PH won't be all that important - just like in most freshwater fish, saltwater fish have a pretty insane ability to adapt to a huge range of PHs.

New Threads