Finally I can get a new tank!

lugia10159

I had a long talk with my parents and they said if I get another academic achievement I can get a 30 Gallon tank! Because the space is big enough to fit a 55 Gallon tank I tried to convince them to let me get a 55 Gallon tank. But they said "We will think about it" which kinda means "We will wait until you forget about it" but I'm not forgetting about this any time soon I'm probably not getting a 50 Gallon

This is what I plan on doing:

5 Mollies (Moving them from my 20 Gallon into the 30 Gallon)

Pair of Angelfish

6 Neon Tetras (Will the Angelfish eat them?)

6 KuhlI Loaches (Moving the remaining KuhlI Loach in my 20 Gallon)

Jayfeather9

the angels won't eat them. that's a good stocking list. it will just make a 30 gallon cozy though I wouldnt suggest any more fish cause mollies have quite a bio load.

Sharkdude

Seems a bit heavy but it should work. Make sure you have plenty of filtration!

lugia10159

Seems a bit heavy but it should work. Make sure you have plenty of filtration!

I'm thinking on having a good Penguin Bio-Wheel Filter, I think that should do the job

Cognity7

You should ask for a 37 gallon tall for the angels

I would be worried about the angelfish eating the neons. Make sure you buy the angelfish small so they can grow up with the neons and hopefully they don't become a snack when the angelfish mature.

lugia10159

You should ask for a 37 gallon tall for the angels

I would be worried about the angelfish eating the neons. Make sure you buy the angelfish small so they can grow up with the neons and hopefully they don't become a snack when the angelfish mature.

I heard when Angels start breeding they are really aggressive, but I'm willing to deal with that. How many Angels can I keep as juveniles then wait for them to pair up?

Cognity7

Everything i've read has said 6 is a good number to start out with to get a pair from. You might have to do extra water changes if they don't pair up immediately..

Or just keep the Molly's in your 20 gallon until you get your pair. That would work too.

Brainlady

Reading about potential Angel fish aggression just reminds me how naive I was!! I started with a 75 gallon a year ago and promptly bought two tiny Angel fish and over a period of 6 or so weeks stocked my tank. I have 12 or so Neon Tetras and I had no idea at all that Angel fish could be aggressive and could eat little fish!!! I now know I was lucky because if they are all raised together aggression is possibly unlikely. I have no aggression from my two Angels who are now mature.
The posts just got my thinking of how we start off with no clue really.

lugia10159

The measurements are in!

I used the FishLore aquarium size calculator and...

115 GALLON TANK!

I was never suspecting that I could fit a tank that size in the space my parents let me have......

twilauren

Woah! LUCKY!

harpua2002

The measurements are in!

I used the FishLore aquarium size calculator and...

115 GALLON TANK!

I was never suspecting that I could fit a tank that size in the space my parents let me have......

Correct me if I am wrong, but... didn't they agree to a space where you could put a new tank, and not the cost of a 115 gallon tank?

Cognity7

eh.. if they wouldn't let you have a 55g... they probably won't go for a 115g...

hahahha, just sayin

e_watson09

IMO I wouldn't do the pair of angels AND the neons in the same tank being only a 30 gallon. I have neons and angels in my 125 with no problems so far but my angels also are getting pretty large and I don't think they would be so passive in a smaller tank. If I were you I'd just get 1 angel and then maybe up the school of neons or get some glolites or something. But again that's just my opinion.

lugia10159

A 115 is WAY too pricey! Prob sticking with a 55! What could I do in a 55?

e_watson09

I'm confused. I thought you said your parents said no to the 55 already?

lugia10159

I'm confused. I thought you said your parents said no to the 55 already?

I thought that the 55 was WAY bigger, when I showed them the measurements they said yes arty0009:

AlyeskaGirl

A 115 is WAY too pricey! Prob sticking with a 55! What could I do in a 55?

There are lots of possibilities for that size tank! If I had the choice to restock my 55 I'd go with Rainbowfish and YoYo Loaches for the bottom. Possibly a pair of Bolivian Rams like I have now. Such great fish!

Do you want a peaceful community? Active fish? Planted perhaps?

lugia10159

There are lots of possibilities for that size tank! If I had the choice to restock my 55 I'd go with Rainbowfish and YoYo Loaches for the bottom. Possibly a pair of Bolivian Rams like I have now. Such great fish!

Do you want a peaceful community? Active fish? Planted perhaps?

Hmm... This is how I see my tank......

Temperament:

Planted Peaceful community

Decor:

Fine Gravel with eco complete substrate

Dwarf Hairgrass carpet

Heavily Planted

Stock:

Pair of Angelfish

5 Mollies

8 Neon/ Cardinal Tetras

6 KuhlI Loaches

6 Otto Cats/ 1 Bristle nose Pleco

10 Ghost Shrimp

10 Wood Shrimp

Is it overstocked?

Elodea

I would not get the 10 wood shrimp until the tank has been cycled and running for at least 4-6 months, and even then only get about 3-4, since these shrimp are filter feeders and are very meticulous about filtering microorganisms from the water column.

Otherwise it doesn't look overstocked and I would suggest bumping the neon/cardinal school (I prefer cardinals) to maybe 12 and the kuhlI school to 8-10.

lugia10159

If I take out a couple of fish can I get a Blood Parrot?

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
55 Gallon Tank Angelfish Tank Stocking
Replies
Views
Gameynerd23
  • Question
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
  • Question
Replies