Finally have plants!!!!

1. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

I will still be getting lots and lots more but i was excited so i thought i would share. Check out my sweet banana plant and jungle val

Attached Files:

2. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Very nice!

3. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

thank you!

4. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I've just started to slowly acquire plants.... I think the banana plant might be next :)

5. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

I love them! I have three in my 29g and now this big boy

6. davebowden Member Member

plants

Hi,
    looking good :) Love the banana plant :;hi1

7. davebowden Member Member

banana

Really like the banana plant, can you give me more info, easy to keep ? how big they get ? where to get them, never seen them in the uk. Anyone do mail order ?:;toast

8. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

9. davebowden Member Member

Plants

Thanks, :;hi1

10. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

11. bryanmc1988 Initiate Member

nice... let me get some of the plants when the grow to much lol i can really used some xD but over all nice... i would go with sand and get rid of gravel as it gets nasty really fast really soon with fish jmo

12. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

It has dirt under the gravel if I used sand it would not let the gases exscape from the dirt. I also belive plants like gravel better IMO

13. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

Very nice! I too, think that some banana plants will be my next plant purchase.

I've had no problems with using sand over dirt so far. I don't really notice a difference in plant growth using gravel vs. sand.

14. nippybetta Well Known Member Member

Nice tank! I might get a banana plant next weekend if I see one at the not so local LFS

15. bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

Just wait. That val is gonna take over. I know from experience. It's taken over half my 55gal and I literally don't do a thing to it. Mine is in pool filter sand and LOVES it.

16. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

That banana plant looks great. I believe it should be planted with the "banana" part more out of the gravel. It's really cool when they start shooting leaves to the surface of the water. You won't believe how quickly they can reach the surface! :)

17. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

Ya bananas are fun. I burried it a little more then I should have I'm just waitin tell the roots grow down cause it doesn't like to stay where I put it

18. Gamer Well Known Member Member

Looks good. How's it feel to finally have those plants now? It's a great feeling isn't it! Have fun getting more and more and feel free to keep sharing with us! :)

19. bryanmc1988 Initiate Member

i have petco white save and pool sand... IMO i think petco white sand is better more white and better grain, also it settles better then pool sand.... i also have a 10 gal tank setup for my shrimp in pool sand... its ok but makes my shrimp disapear... lol but its not a bad sand for the price they are asking for a bag, cheap pool sand like 10$ for 50lb... petco is 20lb for like 17.99

20. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

thanks everyone!!