Finally Happy With My Tank Layout... For Now...

jimmyjam923

Finally re did my tank.. I'm pretty happy with the look. I really enjoy the process of arranging elements in the tank.... Since I really shouldnt just re do this one every month I guess I'm just gonna have to get 1 more.... Well maybe 2 more..

1st pic is 6 years ago when I first set it up.. 2nd pic is a month ago. 3rd pic is my first re do.. 4th pic is after changing and adding some plants but I still wasmt completely satisfied so I turned the driftwood on the left upside down and moved a few rocks and now I'm pretty happy with it for now.
e3756ec5ebf63145846dd4096db5b303.jpg

40e54dcebc4be311f9b9e2789c4eb914.jpg

845c3eb244567fc367a165aca7f2bc28.jpg

da3e6394f8bce469e56c3880d989a7de.jpg

f0cc59c83005ee78c745e1b122929d59.jpg

LeahsTank

They all look amazing.

fishkid16

All of those are inspiring!

mattgirl

It looks so perfect it almost doesn't look real. Good job. Are some of the plants painted on a background? If so you did a fantastic job of it.

Sinkins

Beautiful!

jimmyjam923

mattgirl said:
It looks so perfect it almost doesn't look real. Good job. Are some of the plants painted on a background? If so you did a fantastic job of it.
Thank you but no that's actually a vinyl aquarium background. In the first pic there is none and the second pic I just had it taped on the back. Then in the 3rd and 4th pics I had used the adhesive oil and applied it to the back glass. It really made a huge difference as some of it looks so real.

mattgirl

jimmyjam923 said:
Thank you but no that's actually a vinyl aquarium background. In the first pic there is none and the second pic I just had it taped on the back. Then in the 3rd and 4th pics I had used the adhesive oil and applied it to the back glass. It really made a huge difference as some of it looks so real.
Those vinyl backgrounds definitely add a lot of depth to a tank. I have one on the back of my 55. It serves a double purpose. Looks really good and hides all the filters and wires.

This is what my background looks like. Plants have been changed and I now have a sand substrate..

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom