Finally Happy With My Tank Layout... For Now...

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by jimmyjam923, Jul 28, 2019.

1. jimmyjam923

jimmyjam923New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +24
    Finally re did my tank.. Im pretty happy with the look. I really enjoy the process of arranging elements in the tank.... Since i really shouldnt just re do this one every month i guess im just gonna have to get 1 more.... Well maybe 2 more..

1st pic is 6 years ago when i first set it up.. 2nd pic is a month ago. 3rd pic is my first re do.. 4th pic is after changing and adding some plants but i still wasmt completely satisfied so i turned the driftwood on the left upside down and moved a few rocks and now im pretty happy with it for now. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. LeahsTank

LeahsTankWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +486
    Experience:
    3 years
    They all look amazing.

3. fishkid16

fishkid16New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +8
    All of those are inspiring!

4. mattgirl

mattgirlFishlore VIPMember

Closer to Heaven every day but for now-Arkansas
    Ratings:
    +6,690
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    It looks so perfect it almost doesn't look real. Good job. Are some of the plants painted on a background? If so you did a fantastic job of it. :)

5. Sinkins

SinkinsNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +22
    Experience:
    3 years
    Beautiful!

6. OP
    OP
    jimmyjam923

jimmyjam923New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +24
    Thank you but no thats actually a vinyl aquarium background. In the first pic there is none and the second pic i just had it taped on the back. Then in the 3rd and 4th pics i had used the adhesive oil and applied it to the back glass. It really made a huge difference as some of it looks so real.

7. mattgirl

mattgirlFishlore VIPMember

Closer to Heaven every day but for now-Arkansas
    Ratings:
    +6,690
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Those vinyl backgrounds definitely add a lot of depth to a tank. I have one on the back of my 55. It serves a double purpose. Looks really good and hides all the filters and wires.

This is what my background looks like. Plants have been changed and I now have a sand substrate..