Finally got the one I was looking for!

yeti79

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
After months of no luck finally found exactly the fish I've been wanting! Would always see the bristlenose in the stores but mostly dime to quarter sized ones.
IMG_20200311_190806.jpg

Above is Star my male bristlenose. I got an albino female named Storm(below) in May of 2018 and at some point later decided to get her a mate but with no luck.
IMG_20200311_201253.jpg

Decided to go to the local pet stores earlier this week since I had the day off. My plan was to get some moss balls to finish gluing to a cave I have in another tank. There was only one moss ball available so I passed on that idea since it wouldn't have been enough to finish the project. After some shopping and finding Chronicles of Riddick Dark Fury for 75 cents at Big Lots, stopped by the local store since it was on the way home. Was browsing through their fish and noticed a lone kuhlI loach. Having kuhlis myself I didn't want to leave it alone and bring it home to some friends. Then I looked in the front corner and seen the male bristlenose! Just the size I was hoping for and wanted a natural colored one, but by this point in time would have settled for anything. Once we got him home and released he was working on the algae on the glass. Storm usually doesn't clean and just sits hiding in her cave and rarely ventures out. Ever since Star was introduced she is out and about much more so I think she likes him! I ordered a breeding cave and am patiently awaiting its arrival.

StarGirl15

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm hoping my Albino is a female too! I'm starting to think it is. Nice looking BN!

TWiG87

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Great find, good luck with the spawning!

New Threads