Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Finally Got The 75g. Potential Stock.

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by twilly0611, Jan 1, 2019.

1. twilly0611 New Member Member

I finally got my 75G last night. I’m planning on having 4 Blood Parrot Cichlids. I’m putting 2 90G filters on it and 2 200W heaters. Can I add anything else? If so what would be some good tankmates for these guys?

2. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

4 Blood Parrots would already be overstocked.

3. Cichlidude Well Known Member Member

No fish until you have completed the nitrogen cycle which will take anywhere from 3-8 weeks.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  4. twilly0611 New Member Member

How many should I have? I already have them, In a smaller tank. They are all juveniles with the biggest one being about 3.5 inches. I’ve never had aggression issues with them. What should I do?

5. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

Rehome 2,

6. twilly0611 New Member Member

I know I’m not setting the tank up until I move out of my moms. Any tips on making it go through faster?

7. Gourami36 Well Known Member Member

I would only keep 1 or 2 blood parrots in a 75 gallon. 55 gallons is the minimum for 1 and some people say even that’s not enough

Seed the new tank from the old tank

8. twilly0611 New Member Member

If I did that could I get other fish? Or that’s just it?

9. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

That's it

10. twilly0611 New Member Member

Could I get other fish? Or I’d only have 2 BPs?

11. Gourami36 Well Known Member Member

Maybe you could get some inverts or a bottom dweller but that would probably be everything

12. scarface Fishlore VIP Member

I defer to the experts. It's only a 4 min video. But he keeps it real.

13. AquaticJ Fishlore VIP Member

Yeah I was about to say, if they’re getting along in a smaller tank already, I see no problem with 4 in a 75.

14. twilly0611 New Member Member

I subscribed to him on YouTube as well but he’s saying I can get 2 more but everybody else saying I should rehome 2 of them. :dead:

15. AquaticJ Fishlore VIP Member

Its your tank, so it’s your choice. I’ve personally kept them and Cory has 10, and in both our opinions, 4 in a 75 is fine. Also think @scarface was saying it’s fine.

16. twilly0611 New Member Member

They’re pretty chill. There’s a little chasing here and there but not any banging each other against the glass. I even have an angelfish and some cories in with them in a 39G. They all get along. I know they’d gang up on any new fish though.

17. Cichlidude Well Known Member Member

Yeah, just click on the link above about the nitrogen cycle and read up on it. Sooner that 8 weeks? Might get it down to 3-4 weeks.