Finally Got Rcs!!

Discussion in 'Cherry Shrimp' started by shrimpppp, Apr 23, 2017.

1. shrimppppNew MemberMember

After weeks struggling to get RCS at petco, I found a local breeder and got them 1 dollar each!! I'm so excited
    1272a7586b00d8e471fc83946f2fe3bc.jpg

2. stella1979ModeratorModerator Member

Sweet deal! I had to go to a breeder/fish farm too. I'm too embarrassed to say how much I paid for my first RCS's but I am thoroughly enjoying them :)

3. fjhWell Known MemberMember

Awesome!!! I can't find them anywhere besides Petco either, unless I go online. Out of curiosity, what state are you in?

4. KotyNew MemberMember

Yeah I have a difficult time finding RCS as well. Where I live it is nearly impossible to find high grade RCS

5. shrimppppNew MemberMember

I live in California. I just googled my town name and shrimp then luckily, I found someone sold RCS on ebay who lives in my town so I contacted him lol I got lucky! Finding local breeder is best I think

6. fjhWell Known MemberMember

OMG southern? Orange County perhaps? :D who did you buy from? I might go to them too...

Lol when I Google my city and shrimp... I get the menu for Cheesecake factory, recipes for shrimp dinners, and (somehow) prices for funeral flowers

7. shrimppppNew MemberMember

Unfortunately I live in northern california. Maybe search it in Craigslist.

8. BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

I'm jealous:p Only amano, bamboo and ghost (possibly whisker) shrimp near me.

9. fjhWell Known MemberMember

Darn lol

Yeah I'm on Craigslist daily ;)

10. Books&FishWell Known MemberMember

There are none near me either. I ordered from Aquatic Arts. Kind of pricey when including the shipping cost, but they have excellent service (replacing DOAs for free).

11. shrimppppNew MemberMember

Yeah they are so hard to get or expensive due to shipping and stuff.

12. shrimppppNew MemberMember

So I put them in after I accumulate the water last night. They are doing good. Also he accidently got babies for me and I see them only sometimes but they are there lol. But I noticed today that the big one (female) got like tripe on the back and became more red. Is it good thing?
    Notice the difference on the back.

67d4a68147ce24f19eaae75229b0337c.jpgee7d23176c479615b5a53c18a9c0f85e.jpg[​IMG]

I just noticed the other one is like that too! Lol

3b4689b0766068a7a4827397174fc7e6.jpg

Also I just found a baby

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  13. HerkimurWell Known MemberMember

Congrats on being a Shrimp Dad (or Mom)!
    I'm not sure if it's a good thing turning more red but I know it's a good thing when crustaceans gain color.
    Also, are you feeding them onions?

14. shrimppppNew MemberMember

No I haven't fed them because there are many algaes and decaying plants but I'm going to feed them algae wafers later. Do I supposed to feed them onions?

15. kluggyValued MemberMember

They would have lost colour during transport and being in a new home, after a day or 2 they colour back up :)

16. HerkimurWell Known MemberMember

No. It just looks like they're munching on a giant piece of red onion in that one picture.

17. shrimppppNew MemberMember

No it's dried leaf on the back lol

18. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

Congrats!

I have good deals on RCS like that! Glad you were able to get them!

19. Summer22Valued MemberMember

I'm curious about this weird red color difference along the back as my newer RCS have the exact same thing! I was wondering if this happens when they are close to molting? Looks like part of shell is getting ready to separate maybe???

20. ashenweltWell Known MemberMember

If you are in OC, I would probably check out CK Fishworld or more likely go join SCAPE   as club members are ALWAYS selling shrimp. LOL, I would have blue dreams but I am seeding another tank with them.

Search Craigslist or once again, use a local club or even something like SCAPE to ship... or even CK Fishworld ships. Kinda nice options in California.

Congrats! Love RCS.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice