Finally bought some bloodworms for the first time for my Betta yesterday, and fed a few of them to him this morning since all he’s been eating lately are omega one pellets. He seemed to really love them! I do have some questions after I fed him some though.
- What would be a good portion size of frozen bloodworms for a Betta? 1-3? 3-6? I think I have my Betta too much this time, I think I have him like 5 worms (I thought I was only giving him three, but I guess I ended up picking up more with my tweezers by accident)
- How often should I be feeding them to him? I’ve read that I should only feed him frozen bloodworms around once or twice a week, but I just wanted to verify with y’all on that.
- The frozen bloodworms I bought came in individual packs. Once I open one, does the expiration date change? Or would it still be 6 months, as I’ve read on other sites online.
- Should I rinse off the bloodworms before I give them to my Betta? I didn’t this time around, but I noticed there’s some liquid they are held in. Should I have rinsed them first, just to reduce risk of contamination of some sort? And if so, how should I rinse them? In tap or old aquarium water / treated water?
- Is it possible that my Betta could start rejecting pellets and only want to eat bloodworms after giving them to him?