Finally Got A Few Endlers | Page 2

Discussion in 'Endlers Livebearers' started by Platylover, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Lol
    Oh yes please post photos if you can get them! I’m really enjoying seeing some of the different types of endlers.

Ugh, his photos are awful! They’re too good! XD

2. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

I put a female in a 10g breeder tank a few days ago(Tuesday?) as she looked relatively close to dropping. Well, she kept getting more and more squared off and I was really wondering when she would finally drop them.

Yesterday I found a single fry and thought it was a bit odd as she is still very clearly gravid. I figured perhaps it was in one of the mops when I moved it to the breeder and I just now noticed the fry(the mops were in the tank with the other fry). Now today, over 12 hours later there’s probably 8-12! I thought she may have been done or something so I scooped 5 out (she didn’t seem to mind), but didn’t scoop anymore out as I then noticed how heavy she was panting (as well as aggressively biting the heater) and realised she was still really in labour. There’s still a few in there, but I’m going to wait until she’s finished, which is what I would have originally done had I known she was still in labour initially.

She’s still squared and it looks like she’ll be able to have quite a few more. Hopefully she’ll be finished soon and I can get the rest out and let her recover a bit before putting her into the display again.

I think I may periodically update this thread with how these guys are doing, but for now, here’s a photo of the 5 little guys-

Attached Files:

3. Nobote Valued Member Member

Congratulations! It always feels good when you can complete the circle. I havemt given up on getting you photos of my Endlers. Works been really busy and taking fish photos just looks plain bad when the dookie is hitting the fan.

4. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Yes, I love being able to breed fish and am glad I’m finally at a point where I can begin doing so. It’s so enjoyable when you’re able to raise up these little tiny fry into beautiful fish!

No worries on the photos! I do look forward to seeing your beauts, but there’s 0 rush! I hope work calms down some soon, it’s not fun when there’s so much going on. Particularly in a working environment!