Finally Got A Few Endlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I’ve been tossing the idea of getting a few endlers or guppies around for awhile and finally got some chili’s. After a bit in QT they’ve been placed in my 75 and seem to be doing decent, although they are still rather nervous. But that’s to be expected since they really have just been added to the aquarium.

I’ve already got a few fry in the QT tank and look forward to getting breeding some more.

I’m mentioning @Guanchy and @WinterSoldier. as they both talked me into getting some and wanted to show the ones I’ve received.

Also, @emeraldking, I finally got some pretty ones! Granted they aren’t as pretty as yours, but still! XD

Attachments

WinterSoldier.

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ahhh.....endlers! The ones I got were wrongly marked as guppies!! Actually feeder guppies! I got one pregnant female and she had babies so my colony will be thriving....eventually.

I really like the patterns on yours. Its similar to mine. They aren't wild caught are they?? What do you plan to do? Start a colony?

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ahhh.....endlers! The ones I got were wrongly marked as guppies!! Actually feeder guppies! I got one pregnant female and she had babies so my colony will be thriving....eventually.

I really like the patterns on yours. Its similar to mine. They aren't wild caught are they?? What do you plan to do? Start a colony?
That’s awesome you got some endlers marked as feeders!

I don’t believe they’re wild caught, I imagine that would have been marked on the bag (got them from an auction) as wilds are very desirable.

I’ll likely grow the fry out and keep a few. The others I’ll sell or adopt out. Been wanting to start breeding so some livebearers may be a more forgiving start and a good way to practice shipping a bit more. I may start a minor colony, but they’re in a tank with rather robust fish and little surface cover, so I doubt many fry will be able to survive in that tank(have a seperate tank for females to birth). So they wouldn’t be a colony that just goes on their own and grows, there would be a fair amount of intervention on my part and I plan to keep the permanent members low numbered since I’ll be adding a few more fish in the tank their in.
Totally cool man! I love endlers.
I’m really enjoying these guys! It’s been years since I’ve had any livebearers and I’m happy to restart with such beauts. I’ve also never had endlers prior, so it’s nice to have a new species!

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Also, @emeraldking, I finally got some pretty ones! Granted they aren’t as pretty as yours, but still! XD
Well, thanks but what counts is that you have to like them...
If you think they're beauties, than they are beauties...
They're no ugly or lesser fish if you like them...

Thumbs up for your endlers... :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well, thanks but what counts is that you have to like them...
If you think they're beauties, than they are beauties...
They're no ugly or lesser fish if you like them...

Thumbs up for your endlers... :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:
That’s very true indeed! I just find myself drooling over your endlers and I love mine, but they are rather common here and don’t have some of the really unique features your’s do. This being said, I’m so happy I have them and I look forward to seeing what their fry will turn out like. Should be an adventure!

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That’s very true indeed! I just find myself drooling over your endlers and I love mine, but they are rather common here and don’t have some of the really unique features your’s do. This being said, I’m so happy I have them and I look forward to seeing what their fry will turn out like. Should be an adventure!
Well, most fun is to wait and see how those fry will develop... And maybe it will trigger you to work on some features that some offspring might have that appeals to you...
Here are some extra pics of endler strains (both fancy and wild strain {that would be campoma or cumana strains}) All endlers without "Campoma" or "Cumana" in front of their name ain't pure endlers but hybrids.
ysb.jpg

tx.jpg

sm.jpg

rt.jpg

ro.jpg

The picture below shows the only official rainbow endler there is. I know that the name "Rainbow endler" is very popular, especially amongst hybrid endlers. But this is the only official wild strain that has got that name.
Rb.jpg

lp.jpg

c42.jpg

c21.jpg

c9.jpg

Last edited:

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
rc.jpg

yts.jpg

Below: This is a blue hybrid version of the regular wild orchid endler
bo.jpg

Below: Tiger hybrid (name in this picture is in dutch)
th.jpg

c46.jpg

Below: This is the blonde version of the chili endler
frs.jpg

lbts.jpg

Below: This hybrid is also known as cobra endler
ss.jpg

lm.jpg

es.jpg

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well, most fun is to wait and see how those fry will develop... And maybe it will trigger you to work on some features that some offspring might have that appeals to you...
Here are some extra pics of endler strains (both fancy and wild strain {that would be campoma or cumana strains}) All endlers without "Campoma" or "Cumana" in front of their name ain't pure endlers but hybrids.

The picture below shows the only official rainbow endler there is. I know that the name "Rainbow endler" is very popular, especially amongst hybrid endlers. But this is the only official wild strain that has got that name.
I’d love to breed and encourage certain characteristics in them, I’ve always loved the idea of doing that and perhaps I’ll be able to do so now. These guys really are pretty, they have a little bit of blue on them. Particularly in their fins. I’ve attached a few photos of the females and you can see the tinge of blue in them.

My goodness there’s so many!! I can’t pick which is my favourite! Thank you so much for sharing!!

The cardinaal really does look like a little cardinal tetra, I actually thought that was what they were from a glance. Beautiful!

If I were able to, I’d love to breed in a sword into some endlers like you’ve done. I just think the swords on endlers are stunning (maybe that’s also why I’m getting some sword tails soon lol).

I’m going to have to remember this thread so I can come back anytime and see these photos.

I’m rather curious, you have so many beautiful strains, which would you consider to be your favourite?

Attachments

Nobote

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have 4 endlers and I really like them.
You have some nice fish- its hard to get good photos of them...they are so active.

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have 4 endlers and I really like them.
You have some nice fish- its hard to get good photos of them...they are so active.
What strain do you have?

I’ve actually found them to be pretty easy to take photos of. Even if they’re being a little active they’ll come by and just kind of curiously stare at me/the camera. Perhaps they’ll get a little more crazy as time goes on, but so far they are much less insane compared to the the mollies I’ve had.

JamieLu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years

I just wanted to ask @emeraldking to stop posting pics of ur guppies aND enders plz, actually just stop posting pics of any fish u have because it makes me extremely jealous. Thanks

Nobote

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Im not sure of the strain...i got them for a dollar each from a rescue tank.
I tried to get decent photos today to show you...ill try again tommorow.

And I agree...Emerald Kings guppy photos are enough to make one jelly! unch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 47 65.3%

Top Bottom