Finally done

AcuarioAmazonico

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It’s been a long time coming and was supposed to be done yesterday but I hurt my back (signs of getting old!).
Felt better this afternoon so I took my chances!

I have a tank in my room fully cycled, but wanted I wanted it cycled for a good year before I put in some discus. Today was the day. Put some rummynose in there too to dither.

They are; as expected; a little shy at present. The light blue boy hiding and quite dark and the dark boy (black or dark blue?) is also hiding.

It’s right by my bed so should be a nice sight to wake up to.

Wish me luck!

Attachments

NC122606

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
AcuarioAmazonico said:
It’s been a long time coming and was supposed to be done yesterday but I hurt my back (signs of getting old!).
Felt better this afternoon so I took my chances!

I have a tank in my room fully cycled, but wanted I wanted it cycled for a good year before I put in some discus. Today was the day. Put some rummynose in there too to dither.

They are; as expected; a little shy at present. The light blue boy hiding and quite dark and the dark boy (black or dark blue?) is also hiding.

It’s right by my bed so should be a nice sight to wake up to.

Wish me luck!
Wow! Good luck and beautiful discus, I should be getting mine this week to the following week. :)

Also what are you feeding the yellow discus? It may turn orange over time if not fed a specific diet.

Anyways good luck!

TWiG87

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Very cool, some great looking fish. What size tank?

OP
AcuarioAmazonico

AcuarioAmazonico

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sorry I missed these responses. It’s a 40 gallon. Plan is to move them to a 65 or 70 in about 6 months (though in current climate now not so sure that will be feasible. As my angels are now breeding and in a pair alone in a larger tank I may need to swap the contents of these two tanks....)

I’m feeding mixture of cichlid flakes, discus pellets and live black worms. Occasional frozen blood worms.

I'm not too fussed on colour changes to be fair - more concerned about health. They seem to be doing well though and already come to me for feeding

New Threads