Finally added new fish to my tank but

Nickguy5467

Well Known
sigh. i got 8 cardinal tetras to add some color to my tank but its been a week now and all they do is swim behind my log, i figured that after a few days they would just be normal , but whats the point of having them for that purpose if they dont even show themselves? they do however flock to the front very quickly when food is introduced but after that its back to out of sight

thought about pushing the log all the way back but the hob intake pipes would stop it and id rather not move them into the sword

29g

6 black skirt tetra
8 cardinal tetra
1 sunrise platy
1 albino cory
yes i plan to change the numbers :p

ignore the bottle its no longer there :p
IMG_20200807_174044728.jpg

adagona

You could put some sponge in the space behind the log. And see if they will change their hangout spot eventually.

Madchild57

Nickguy5467 said:
sigh. i got 8 cardinal tetras to add some color to my tank but its been a week now and all they do is swim behind my log, i figured that after a few days they would just be normal , but whats the point of having them for that purpose if they dont even show themselves? they do however flock to the front very quickly when food is introduced but after that its back to out of sight

thought about pushing the log all the way back but the hob intake pipes would stop it and id rather not move them into the sword

29g

6 black skirt tetra
8 cardinal tetra
1 sunrise platy
1 albino cory
yes i plan to change the numbers :p

ignore the bottle its no longer there :p
IMG_20200807_174044728.jpg
So they come out with food, but hide all the time there's not food? Are they out and about when you're not near the tank? Try watching from afar and maybe you'll see them come out, if they're eating they're probably fine, maybe they just like something back there or they're getting bullied.

OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Madchild57 said:
So they come out with food, but hide all the time there's not food? Are they out and about when you're not near the tank? Try watching from afar and maybe you'll see them come out, if they're eating they're probably fine, maybe they just like something back there or they're getting bullied.
yeah im not near the tank. maybe they afraid of the other fish. but they sure have no trouble trying to win all the food

Cody

Well Known
Maybe add more plants or rearrange so that there is a little more for them to weave through. Right now the left side is filled up by the sword but the only other cover is the log the center they are hiding behind.

Maybe look at adding some stem plants in the center in front of the log. Something that won’t take up the whole tank but it will add some cover for them to venture out.

OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
i would have to look into it. theres some failed but still green i guess monte carlo there. guess i should take it out. doesnt seem like its rooting at all

New Threads