Finally A Second Tank!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Fla442, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Fla442

Fla442 Valued Member Member

I've waited 5 years for another tank in addition to my 55g. I have haven't had the funds and space. I know it's empty but gotta show it (cuz non-aquarists don't understand). It's a 30g but has so many overwhelming possibilities! [​IMG]

2. KingD

KingD Fishlore VIP Member

Wow 5 years is a long wait for another tank. I can't wait to see what it turns out like. What do you plan to put in it?

3. OP
    OP
    Fla442

Using tahitian moon sand for substrate and possibly osmocote underneath to give the plants a head start. Spiderwood on each end to create a "u" shape in between. Maybe a big ole sword in the middle, some crypts in the front, some anubias petite, Java fern. Still up for suggestions Haven't even thought of the stocking yet cuz I'm picky.

4. KingD

Sounds like it's going to be a beautiful tank! Excited to see it get started :) You thinking cooler or warmer water fish?

5. OP
    OP
    Fla442

I'm thinking of moving my 2 Bolivian Rams to the 30g and adding a couple more angelicus botia to my 55 with my angelfish. They seem to be happy in my 55g because they have a lot of hiding spots but when he gets hungry he's a jerk. He doesn't chase the loaches because he's learned his lesson once before . Still deciding what else I guess.

6. OP
    OP
    Fla442

Here is some of the spider wood I purchased and the layout I may use. I'm super excited! 2ff6de211ce148197ff3da09d77d82c5.jpg f6221039e8645e06c54f1ab37a1d7175.jpg 00a1bb1350fe8e12dc09b92702339494.jpg

If any one has suggestions I'm open to them. May place the sword behind the wood on the left. Also still looking for more wood so I'm not pressed to use the 3 I purchased.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  7. KimberlyG

KimberlyG Fishlore VIP Member

Nice mock up! Love the spider wood.

8. OP
    OP
    Fla442

Thanks! I have so many ideas going through my brain.

9. grantm91

grantm91 Fishlore VIP Member

I love the initial scape lol always end up with my arm in the tank moving stuff for like the first month i had 1 tank then 2 now i have 3

10. OP
    OP
    Fla442

That's hilarious! Totally sounds like me.
    My 1st tank is driving me crazy now because I'm growing my plants out to place some in the new tank.

11. OP
    OP
    Fla442

Ok here's the reveal before some of my plants melt. 3663f74d138bf6b8ed9225720a9cfb0a.jpg

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  12. KimberlyG

KimberlyG Fishlore VIP Member

That will be beautiful!

13. OP
    OP
    Fla442

Thanks! It's kinda cloudy in this picture. But it's only 4 hours after setting up.

14. KO_

KO_ Valued Member Member

It looks like you even have room for a second tank beneath. ;)

15. OP
    OP
    Fla442

Lol I know! I already thought of it, but I don't know about the weight capacity of the stand.

16. KingD

The tanks looks great! It'll look even better once everything grows in.

You definitely can fit another tank on the bottom of the stand. I'm pretty sure they're made to hold 2 tanks LOL

17. OP
    OP
    Fla442

Well, I still have a 10g and 20g in the basement. Also have a stand to hold the 10g or 20g. So I told my husband one day we will have to charge for admission to our aquarium. Especially since we have a basement now.

18. OP
    OP
    Fla442

Got a new light because the aqueon led is a pos. Should have known better. Ordered a Finnex Fugeray planted plus.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice