Finally a good picture of him!

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Akari_32, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

i have a 1/2 way decent picute of my crowntail, Cornelious! :D this calls for cellebration! any way, heres my little boy <3 his body isnt really that grey, but his fins show up quite nicely, if i do say so myself :) he's a little on the chubby side, but he's on a diet of 3 pellets twice a day instead of 4 twice a day. im also trying to get him to eat those stupid Wardly pellets. he decided after the 1st day he didnt like them... -sigh- anyway, heres some pix of him! enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. cajunfiberco

cajunfiberco Well Known Member Member

He doesn't look at all chubby to me, just healthy :) He's so pretty

3. OP
    OP
    Akari_32

really? his tummy is really round in real life (i just noticed that his pix dont really make him look like a chub, but he is lol). my grandparents have been creature sitting for me because i was away for 4 days, so we all kno that every one got too much to eat! XD

u gotta love that bright red tho! i love his colors so much <33333

4. bass master

bass master Well Known Member Member

very nice fish! looks pretty healthy to me too :), although Im sure youre a better judge on that one. Ive always liked those crowtails, Im thinkin about getting one once I can set up a decent betta tank

5. C

Charlemagne Valued Member Member

He's beautiful!

6. OP
    OP
    Akari_32

thanks guys! when i get enough room (at least a 30 gallon long) i wunna bred a couple of times with CTs and maybe get a betta heirarchy going (i've heard that you can get several males in a tank together if they grow up together and form a "pecking order," i wont forget the females of course tho!)

7. cajunfiberco

cajunfiberco Well Known Member Member

I don't think that is true, breeders have to separate their males all the time b/c they start fighting. Even the females can be aggresive, but I've read (here) that sometimes when they are siblings and have grown up together they will be ok. Only on the females though... I will let breeders chime in on this though...

8. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

Cajunfiberco is right, you have to sepreate the males once they get about 2-3 months old because they start fighting. Most use .5-2gal jars for their males. Anywho, your betta looks fine to me, most do get that "Betta Belly" which you have to determine for yourself when the belly stops and constipation sets in.

9. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I love his coloring, Akari! Thanks for sharing him with us.

10. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Thanks for sharing, and Furallicah is right, keeping males together, siblings or not, will result in death and serious injury. Sorry, but I wouldn't want you to risk him at all, he's very pretty!!

11. OP
    OP
    Akari_32

thanks guys! <3 he's my baby ^_^ i think he's chubby because he thinks im gunna feed him every time i come to see him and swims up to the top and does his little "look at me, im cute. now feed me" betta dance. some times i cant help but give in ^_^'>

as for the hierarchy thing, theres a breeder somewhere here in the US that does this and has very pretty fish, tho i ges i should leave that up to the "pro's" =( (i think i saw this on Animal Planet's: The Most Extreme?)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice