finally a big one

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
the wall bowls were cute but just too small, looks like someone finally got it right

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Quite a few in fact...

Thank you for sharing.

Rose

emilai333

Valued Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't the surface area in most of those be pretty low for your standard 1" of fish : 1 gallon water?  Also, I would think maintenance would be hard with such a small opening in the top.
Other than that: YAY FOR BIGGER TANKS!  (I want one - I could keep one betta in it or something).

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
It there weren't super expensive I would order one for my betta.

heatmisr

Valued Member
Reaction score
They look nice but I can't imagine hanging 6.6g of water on my wall. I imagine water changes would be a bear.

Nicole

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score

Phloxface

Well Known Member
Reaction score

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
A tube you use to clean your tank with. It's one of the best there is actually and is adjustable I believe.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
One end is hooked to the sink and the other is like a syphon tube. You are supposed to be able to gravel wash and refill the tank as well as drain it through the sink. I am so afraid I would kill my fish with chlorinated water that I would not get one, but Gunnie and Butterfly and some of the others use them with great success. I was told by one of them that they are most appropriate for LARGE tanks.

They all love their Pythons, but I just cannot see how they work, just dumping the dechlorinating agent in the tank and filling from the sink scares me.

Rose

Phloxface

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think I'd want my fish in plain tap water even for a few minutes, although I know it probably won't harm them. I'm just too paranoid when it comes to my fish. I remember when I was a kid (early 70's) and had a big tank in my room, we never used water conditioner. We never even heard of such a thing. My fish were just fine and lived many years. I'd never take that chance now though.

lolagurl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
they're being ridiculous though for the first purple one on amazon.. Saying you can put tropical or saltwater fish in there... i dont see how that would work..its really pretty though..but also how would you hook up the filter or airstones or lighting wires..wouldnt they have to hang infront of the tank..or i would just not know how it would work

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
A note on pythons--a lot of people pour the dechlor directly into the stream of water going into the tank. That way it is hopefully dechlored before it even gets into the aquarium.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom