Finally....a 55!!

gnatboy911

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
So I feel that I have been overcome with addiction. I recently bought my first 55 gallon tank, it is now my 4th tank. I believe I am officially addicted to fish tanks.

I haven't picked it up yet. That's tomorrow I got a 55 gallon tank, handmade wooden cabinet stand, and all that goes with the tank (gravel, decorations, heater, filter, etc) and 4 african cichlids all for 100 bucks! I just couldn't turn that down.

I am very excited about getting a 55 gallon tank..I have wanted one for a long time but didn't have the money to go buy a whole set up.

here is a picture of the tank...sorry its so small.

I'm very excited and had to tell someone about my good find...and you guys were the first ones that came up!

Attachments

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Congrats! 55 gallon are really nice, seems their the perfect size.
Carol

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Looks great! Nice find! What you planning to put in it?

gnatboy911

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Not sure what type of fish for sure yet... it comes with 4 african cichlids, but i'm not sure what type. I'd really like to do a tank with some firemouth cichlids, and try to get them to breed.

I wonder how many firemouths I could put in a 55? I wouldn't think much more than 3 or 4.

bassbonediva

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Squee for bigger and more tanks!! I love my 55 gallon! Can't wait until I have the room (and the money) to do a bigger tank. Your new tank looks great. Are you going to keep it as-is or change it up a bit?

treve

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sweet,you will have a lot of fun with it

navyscuba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes it happens hahaha I'm addicted too.

thequietman44

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Great price for such a nice setup. I'm pretty happy with my 36 gallon, but if a deal like that came up I might be tempted to expand . Be sure to put up some pics when you get it all set up!

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads