Finally....a 55!!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by gnatboy911, Mar 25, 2010.

1. gnatboy911New MemberMember

So I feel that I have been overcome with addiction. I recently bought my first 55 gallon tank, it is now my 4th tank. I believe i am officially addicted to fish tanks.

I haven't picked it up yet. Thats tomorrow :) I got a 55 gallon tank, handmade wooden cabinet stand, and all that goes with the tank (gravel, decorations, heater, filter, etc) and 4 african cichlids all for 100 bucks! i just couldn't turn that down.

I am very excited about getting a 55 gallon tank..i have wanted one for a long time but didn't have the money to go buy a whole set up.

here is a picture of the tank...sorry its so small.

I'm very excited and had to tell someone about my good find...and you guys were the first ones that came up!

Attached Files:

2. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Congrats! 55G are really nice, seems their the perfect size.
    Carol

3. peacemaker92Well Known MemberMember

Looks great! Nice find! :;hf What you planning to put in it?

4. gnatboy911New MemberMember

Not sure what type of fish for sure yet... it comes with 4 african cichlids, but i'm not sure what type. I'd really like to do a tank with some firemouth cichlids, and try to get them to breed.

i wonder how many firemouths i could put in a 55? i wouldn't think much more than 3 or 4.

5. bassbonedivaFishlore VIPMember

Squee for bigger and more tanks!! I love my 55gal! Can't wait until I have the room (and the money) to do a bigger tank. ;) Your new tank looks great. Are you going to keep it as-is or change it up a bit?

6. treveValued MemberMember

Sweet,you will have alot of fun with it :happy0034:

7. navyscubaWell Known MemberMember

Yes it happens hahaha I'm addicted too.

8. thequietman44Valued MemberMember

Great price for such a nice setup. I'm pretty happy with my 36g, but if a deal like that came up I might be tempted to expand :). Be sure to put up some pics when you get it all set up!