Finally....a 55!!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by gnatboy911, Mar 25, 2010.

1. gnatboy911New MemberMember

So I feel that I have been overcome with addiction. I recently bought my first 55 gallon tank, it is now my 4th tank. I believe i am officially addicted to fish tanks.

I haven't picked it up yet. Thats tomorrow :) I got a 55 gallon tank, handmade wooden cabinet stand, and all that goes with the tank (gravel, decorations, heater, filter, etc) and 4 african cichlids all for 100 bucks! i just couldn't turn that down.

I am very excited about getting a 55 gallon tank..i have wanted one for a long time but didn't have the money to go buy a whole set up.

here is a picture of the tank...sorry its so small.

I'm very excited and had to tell someone about my good find...and you guys were the first ones that came up!

Attached Files:

2. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Congrats! 55G are really nice, seems their the perfect size.
    Carol

3. peacemaker92

peacemaker92Well Known MemberMember

Looks great! Nice find! :;hf What you planning to put in it?

4. OP
    OP
    g

gnatboy911New MemberMember

Not sure what type of fish for sure yet... it comes with 4 african cichlids, but i'm not sure what type. I'd really like to do a tank with some firemouth cichlids, and try to get them to breed.

i wonder how many firemouths i could put in a 55? i wouldn't think much more than 3 or 4.

5. bassbonediva

bassbonedivaFishlore VIPMember

Squee for bigger and more tanks!! I love my 55gal! Can't wait until I have the room (and the money) to do a bigger tank. ;) Your new tank looks great. Are you going to keep it as-is or change it up a bit?

6. treve

treveValued MemberMember

Sweet,you will have alot of fun with it :happy0034:

7. navyscuba

navyscubaWell Known MemberMember

Yes it happens hahaha I'm addicted too.

8. thequietman44

thequietman44Valued MemberMember

Great price for such a nice setup. I'm pretty happy with my 36g, but if a deal like that came up I might be tempted to expand :). Be sure to put up some pics when you get it all set up!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice