finalizing pressurized co2 paintball setup help see if i got everything togther

Discussion in 'Plant CO2' started by peterngit, Aug 1, 2016.

1. peterngit

peterngitNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    Experience:
    Just started
    Hello guys so after some researching i deiced to go with a paintball co2 setup

With the regulator i am going wit co2art with either

or

i am not sure the difference yet

ill get there paint ball adapter

ill get a full paintball tank delivered from here
    https://www.propaintballshop.com.au/airsystems/ozito-20oz-co2-tank.html

does 3000psi mean anything i need to concern about?

co2 tubing/ atomisor bubble counter etc ill just get from ebay

just wondering mainly would the regulator with adapter go well with the paintball tank linked? or any extra parts needed?

2. Florian Pellet

Florian PelletWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +163
    Experience:
    Just started
    Have you thought of where to get your tank refilled? This is usually a very important criteria when choosing a CO2 setup. Some places ask for a lot of money, others for a lot of time, some exchange the bottles so you never ever see your brand new one ever again...

Sorry I haven't checked your shopping list, I just thought that since you're asking for what you might have forgotten...

3. OP
    OP
    peterngit

Ratings:
    +0
    Experience:
    Just started
    Thanks yeh thats one thing holding me back

4. OP
    OP
    peterngit

Ratings:
    +0
    Experience:
    Just started
    Found a place that will do recharges its brew place rather then aquarium and paintballfields. the link of the tank says the bottle pressure is 3000psi but in youtube videos i see that regulators should about 1000psi when connected, are this unrelated and all are the same?

also recharge is about 15-20 bux or i can get antoher adaptor to use tradeflame 930ml disposable co2 for $38.48.

5. Florian Pellet

Ratings:
    +163
    Experience:
    Just started
    In scuba diving, the pressure indicates how much gas you have in your bottle. Usually regulators and bottles can handle a lot more than what you put in the bottle. You should double check that though. Also there are 2 pressures that matter, the pressure inside the bottle (the highest of the system, indicates how much gas you have left, pushes hard on the regulator so check for compatibility) and the pressure inside your system (adjusted by a valve).

Breweries tend to use huge bottles so either be prepared to house such a bottle or make sure they'll recharge your smaller model.

Again, take me with a grain of salt as I have never setup aquarium co2 before. I have worked in scuba diving and in bar tending before though, so I have a little experience with pressurized bottles.

6. OP
    OP
    peterngit

Ratings:
    +0
    Experience:
    Just started
    yeah i check with a Brewery close by they say they can refill paintball tank, but the thing is we drop it off there on saturday someone comes and collect it to somewhere to refill and it will be ready the following week. For convince i might just go with disposable one , co2art makes adaptor for

https://www.bunnings.com.au/tradeflame-930ml-c02-gas-cartridge_p5910283

they should fit, we can throw empty ones in the normal garbage collection right?

7. Florian Pellet

Ratings:
    +163
    Experience:
    Just started
    Or buy a second smaller bottle (if they will refill it too). I have a 500 gram CO2 bottle that serves this exact purpose: be in use while the main tank gets refilled.

I bought it for $40 here in France (German made). So it's well worth it over disposable ones.

8. ounderfla69

ounderfla69Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +122
    Experience:
    4 years
    In a paintball tank 3000lb refers to the burst disk pressure on the top of the tank if you overfill them. If you look on top of the paint ball tank adapter you will see a nut with a hole in its side. If you remove it there is a little disk in there. If the pressure gets to high the disks ruptures venting the tank. I had one rupture while driving down the road at 55mph. Very scary all you see is white and not the road for a few seconds. Norma pressure is around 1200 psi, and it is filled by weight not pressure.

9. OP
    OP
    peterngit

Ratings:
    +0
    Experience:
    Just started
    thanks! i read some horror story like that but the driver managed to stop the car and open the door, but something about lying on the floor for breathing too much co2! there they overfill in summer? im guessing it should't brust in summer unless its overfilled or faulty tank right?

10. ounderfla69

ounderfla69Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +122
    Experience:
    4 years
    I used to work at my friends paintball store when you fill a paintball tank you to chill the tank by adding a small volume of co2 then venting it out. If you don't do that you could lose 3 to 4 oz to the co2 turning from a liquid to gas. Now as the tank warms back to room temperature the pressure goes up. If the scale is a little inaccurate or if the tank is in hot car. If it went off in the car other then a white cloud your not going to suffocate, as the co2 is cold it will sink to the floor. You could roll the windows down. I drove 2 miles after the safety valve burst and was fine. I would pick up a package of paintball tank orings, it is very easy to nick or cut the oring and not having a spare sucks.