FInal stocking list, is it good?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by philipbouchard-davies, Mar 24, 2010.

1. p

philipbouchard-davies Valued Member Member

2. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

whoa! This is pretty overstocked. Also, endlers are livebearers, which means they are prolific breeders.

Please read the caresheets for each type of fish you are considering. They include minimum tank sizes.

3. OP
    OP
    p

O yea forgot to mention they are going to be all males

4. platy ben

platy ben Well Known Member Member

This tank is still overstocked even if the endlers are male. I would say 3 endlers and your maxed out in a 5.5 Gal

5. OP
    OP
    p

No way haha males arent even an inch long first off and they dont have a big bioload these fish literaly need about half a gallon each

Phil :)

6. TedsTank

TedsTank Well Known Member Member

Or you could could drop the otto's. The shrimp will be able to clean up a good bit. Male endlers are tiny little things.

7. OP
    OP
    p

Problem is I already have the otos :S and im pretty attached to the little guys since i put all 3 in a new tank not even cycled and they have been alive for two years now.

8. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

could you do the otos with a couple of sparkling gouramis?

keeping all male livebearers is fine, but sometimes they can get aggressive... keep an eye out for that.

9. rae64

rae64 Well Known Member Member

My male livebearers are wrecking havoc in my tank... they are platys. I mean like ripping scales off and stuff... I would not suggest all males. The sparklers are a good idea, however :)

10. OP
    OP
    p

I have a gourami right now hate the thing its soooooo boring to watch. And endlers are wuite different then other livebearers my friend has like 20 in an 12 gallon eclipse and no problems ever so I think it will be fine.

11. btate617

btate617 Well Known Member Member

No way haha males arent even an inch long first off and they dont have a big bioload these fish literaly need about half a gallon each
    And endlers are wuite different then other livebearers my friend has like 20 in an 12 gallon eclipse and no problems ever so I think it will be fine.

Id anyone sees any problems with this im open to advice.

You want advice, but all that has been given you say no way. I have a question, why ask for it then tell them they are wrong? Seems you already know the answers or have it in your head on what you are going to do, so do it. Good luck.

Brian

12. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

I agree that your list would be overstocked. 3-5 fish in a 5gal is very different to 20 fish in a 12gal.

I also agree with Brian that you don't really seem to want the advice & that you already have your mind up.

Good luck to you.

13. S

Sammyboi1993 Valued Member Member

I Agree with brian and Nutter, there is not point of saying you are open to advise and then when two experienced fish keepers offer their advice you seem to not be intersted.
    Good Luck With the stocking whatever you choose to do.

14. OP
    OP
    p

Alright i fixed my stocking list a little so her it goes,

3 endlers
    1 dwarf sunset platy
    5 red cherry shrimp.

according to that fish calculator thing (i can't remember the name of the top of my head ) here are the stats:

and my filtration capacity is 329%

15. platy ben

You followed the advice after all, maybe I wasn't wrong, don't you think? :p

Nice choice of stock! :D

16. OP
    OP
    p

Ya I'm kinda edgy on days i get my braces tighten :/ so that normally makes pretty closed minded haha. But im gonna miss my little oto :( i've had him forever and hes probably gonna die at the lfs.

Also are platys social or can they live all by themselves?

17. platy ben

Platys do fine on there own :)

18. OP
    OP
    p

Alright! :) im just hoping my lfs carries dwarf platys even though i think a male platy would do ok in that tank considering they are about 1.5 inches long.

19. konstargirl

konstargirl Well Known Member Member

lol good luck with your stocking. Hope you don't get a female platy or anything. You might want to upgrade too later.

20. OP
    OP
    p

Ya before next christmas the whole set up is going into a 15-20 gallon tank with some neon and black neon tetras. I plan on selectively breeding endlers when i get my 25 gallon hex up to hold females (males will go in the other tank)

Ha my parents are so sick of fish in the living room there letting me get a counter in my room for fish tanks :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice