Final Fantasy and Lucky Charms

sick-lid boy
and I'll probably be playing video games until final fantasy 1000 comes out. ! I like that marshmallow maties more than lucky charms actually - more marshmallows and that's the point of the cereal, isn't it? :

So what do you think of FFX11? I like it, but I know a lot of die-hard FF fans and RPGers don't think it's too good. I like the fighting system a lot more than any other FF I've played, but I love fighting (video-game fighting, not real-life fighting where you could actually get hurt).

And have you ever tried Chocolate Lucky Charms? Now THOSE are good!!!!

COBettaCouple
I LOVE FFXII! Back when the demo for it came out, I wasn't so sure about the battle system but when the game itself came out, it didn't take long for me to really get into it. The story line, voice acting, music, graphics, game depth.. all the best and worth the wait. My approach to battle is to whale on the enemies as hard and fast as I can, I rarely use MP other than for healing or status fixing. Great 4-CD soundtrack too. It's probably my favorite FF.. along with VIII, IV and I. I think getting addicted to Kingdom Hearts II helped me get into the battle system for FFXII.

I'll have to try choc. lucky charms sometimes.. I don't know why they don't just quit pretending and just put a cereal out that's just a box of little marshmallows. Pretty soon, we won't be able to afford milk though.

sick-lid boy
Yeah, it's a pretty cool battle system. I have a slightly different strategy... I use two full-blown fighters on my team (Vaan and Balthier or Fran and Basch) and one healer (Penelo or Ashe). I let the fighters use magic for multiple or flying enemies and try and save all the healer's magic for healing. I also have Fran and Balthier with their gambits set up to steal from enemies with 100% health and poach from enemies with critical health... works out pretty well most of the time. I have everyone at around level 60 right now and am just trying to complete all the hunts before I go to the final bosses and wrap it up.

COBettaCouple
yea, I like to steal what I can, although I often set it up to have the player i'm controlling steal while the others attack, then do in after him. the other 2 I setup with healing and status gambits mainly.. but I sort of change strategy from area to area. you can really spend some time in the hunts and I outta get around to going after the ultimate guy sometime.. have you been to the basement levels of the lighthouse? !

I coundn't resist and got the collectors edition. I'll probably get a PS3 WHEN FFXIII and/or KHIII come out.

sick-lid boy
I don't think I've even seen a lighthouse. Where is it?

COBettaCouple
are you on your 1st time through the game? if so, I don't want to spoil any future stuff. For now, I'll just say the GIANT Pharos Lighthouse that you fly to that has lots & lots of levels to it.

sick-lid boy
Oh yeah.. I've been there. It gets REALLY crazy after you return there after completing that area for the first time.

Yeah I beat the game, then found out it didn't let you save after beating the final flurry of bosses, so I started from my previous save point to finish up the hunts, do whatever side-missions I may have missed, and get whatever weapons, magics and armor I missed the first time.

sick-lid boy
At first, I was wondering why you bothered to move this discussion to another thread. Now I see....

COBettaCouple
yea, now we aren't off-topic. Those lower levels of the Pharos Lighthouse are great for level building (even better for dying ) and have the toughest bosses. Completing all the hunts will take you DEEP into that and a days-long battle.

sirdarksol
I will never play any Final Fantasy game that I have to pay for after I've purchased the game. I think that's why so many RPG and Final Fantasy fans don't like it.

sick-lid boy
sirdark - You're probably thinking of FFX1... the one you play online. I've never played that one, but I understand there's a fee for playing online. The game also came an HDD for your playstion. I wanted the HDD for Resident Evil Outbreak (my personal favorite video game series), but was not interested in the game... The HDD unit was only available with the FFX1 for like $100. Finally I was able to find an HDD unit on eBay without the game for $40.

COBettaCouple
sirdark - You're probably thinking of FFX1... the one you play online. I've never played that one, but I understand there's a fee for playing online. The game also came an HDD for your playstion. I wanted the HDD for Resident Evil Outbreak (my personal favorite video game series), but was not interested in the game... The HDD unit was only available with the FFX1 for like $100. Finally I was able to find an HDD unit on eBay without the game for $40.

i've not played FFXI, but I don't count it as part of the series. I'm not interested in those MMORPGs... There's no way i'm going to stand a chance in a game environment with all these players who pretty much live in the game world.. and i'm not going to spend that money every month to play a game i've already paid for and on top of that, just get wiped out all the time.

besides, FFXIII will probably be out by the time i've done EVERYTHING in FFXII.. there are still quite a few mega-bosses and side quests i've yet to take on.

sirdarksol
Sorry, you're right. When you used "1" instead of "I" for the number, my mind skipped over the "X" and just read "11". Yes, if we're talking FFXII, I have it, and have nearly completed every side quest that exists. I think the only thing I've got left to do is get Omega, which has more hit points than that dang wyrm.
Oh....
and, Sid's role in this game is just WRONG!
That's all I'll say, just in case anyone here hasn't got to him yet.

COBettaCouple
Oh....
and, Sid's role in this game is just WRONG!
That's all I'll say, just in case anyone here hasn't got to him yet.

But you must admit - he has some very cool guns!

sick-lid boy
Haven't been playing FFXII for a few days now. Got a couple new games, including this pretty cool game called 'Okami', where you play as mystical wolf and try to save Japan from evil and gain special powers by defeating bad guys and solving puzzles. Really cool game if you like animals... really unique with original-looking graphics. Kinda reminds me of Zelda a little bit the way you talk to all the different characters.

COBettaCouple
Haven't been playing FFXII for a few days now. Got a couple new games, including this pretty cool game called 'Okami', where you play as mystical wolf and try to save Japan from evil and gain special powers by defeating bad guys and solving puzzles. Really cool game if you like animals... really unique with original-looking graphics. Kinda reminds me of Zelda a little bit the way you talk to all the different characters.

I haven't played it in a few months.. but I think I'll start a new game next week and capture all of the cut scenes thru the game as I go, like I did in KH2.

COBettaCouple
hey, we finally got some chocolate lucky charms.. YUM! ;D they're magically delicious!

Amorinthe
Does anyone else remember Count Chocula?

sorry.....can't think of anything but chocolate cereal now....what were talking about?

sirdarksol
Count Chocula, Blegh!
Frankenberry and Booberry, on the other hand, were awesome.

COBettaCouple
lol.. you can still find those cereals at the store.

they have chocolate chex now too amorinthe.. just more chocolate cereal to think about. and why not just put chocolate milk in too? ;D

sick-lid boy
Best chocolate cereal= COCOA PEBBLES!! Nothing else comes close.

COBettaCouple
Best chocolate cereal= COCOA PEBBLES!! Nothing else comes close.

ok.. where's the drooling smiley.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Poll
  • COBettaCouple
  • Polls
Replies
Views
Jimold
Replies
Views
tyguy7760
  • Question