Fin rot!!??

Tazmiche

Well Known
Reaction score
One of my male Guppies tail started to split, he isn't a fancy one so only a short tail. Then quite quickly it started to rot. it is an all Guppy tank and I noticed one of the fancy boys was showing signs too.

I have started to treat the water with Myxazin treatment for fin rot and am treating the main tank. I have never had to treat for this before, am I doing the right thing or any other advice?  ???

FishPirateL337

Reaction score
Never had to treat for fin-rot before. Just follow directions on the package and cross your fingers.
One of the many AquaDocs who frequent these forums should be able to help you more.
So keep checking back. :-\

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
during the recovery, i'd basically just keep the water clean and add liquid vitamins if you can find something like:

Of the meds in the US, I find maracyn and maracyn-2 together work are good against finrot, but trisulfa has also given us good results and doesn't interfere with the good bacteria.
& OR

The Myxazin is a product I don't find here in the US, but checking it online - it looks good and definitely complete a course of it and see where the guppies are at with the fin rot. Best of luck with the little ones, I know how they find their way into our hearts.

Muffymouse

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
And don't forget lots of love to those little guys as well as patience, patience, patience. It may take longer than the treatment for full healing. So lots of love while medicating and tons more love and encouragement to help those fins heal after the meds are done. (How could you not lavish love on them when they are so cute and funny)

best wishes to your and your little guys

OP
T

Tazmiche

Well Known
Reaction score
I came down this morning and one of my boys had died! :'( He was very active last night when I went to bed, so sad, he looked really healthy. He was lying upside down on a leaf, hope he didn't suffer! Continuing to treat tank and others look fine.
Thanks for advice and support guys xx michelle

Muffymouse

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
that sucks, I'm sorry. Hope the others are ok and continue to do well.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm sorry to hear one of your little guys passed on. we lost an oto the same way yesterday. he seemed fine when we went to the betta show, but was dead when we came home. ??? Best of luck with the rest.

New Threads