Fin Rot Treatment!

Lilyzuech35

Hello, I have a 5.5 gal. Divided betta fish tank with one betta on each side and a african dwarf frog.
The other day while I was doing my weekly cleaning I noticed that both my bettas have fin rot, sadly one didn't make it but was told to treat my tank with API E.M. Erythromycin (packet powder).
Before I do so, I want to make sure that the treatment is safe for my frog or if I should pull him out and then treat just the betta. Or if the treatment won't hurt him and he can stay in there. He's not showing any signs of anything, he is pretty lazy but has always been and iv had him for a few months now, he's eating great everything.

Does anybody know if I can keep him in there while I treat the betta fish?

AlphaFish

First off, aprox. 2.7g for a betta or an ADF is a little too small. You might wanna put either of them in another tank. Second off, don't use meds if the disease is in early stages. Just do a lot of water changes. Meds might stress him out. Since it can be stressful, I'd remove the frog. I'd remove it anyway as previously mentioned.

fishkid04

like said above, to small of a tank and the best treatment for fin rot tends to be clean water and good parameters. try adding some tannins with IALs to aid the healing process

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
LeafY4life77
Replies
Views
BigFish99
  • Question
Replies
Views
Whitelightning