Fin Rot? Tail Biting? [Betta Fish]

Betafish17x

Hi! So earlier I had gotten a betta fish as a surprise and I ended up divided a 10 gallon tank because i have another betta fish so today i went to go check him and i see that his fins are ragged so what could it be fin rot? tail biting? or any plants ripping his fins? Btw he has one plastic plant in his tank because we didn't have enough plants! And also I a little worry that my other fish as it too so I will put a pic of both of them below.
[Pic below]
Tank

What is the water volume of the tank? 10 gallons divided
How long has the tank been running? 2 weeks
Does it have a filter? Yes
Does it have a heater? Yes
What is the water temperature? 82- 85
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.) Two bettas [divided]

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? 1 time every 2 weeks
How much of the water do you change? 60%
What do you use to treat your water? Aquarium Salt, Stress Coat
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water? Just water until full water change

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? No
What do you use to test the water? Don't have
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”. No Idea

Ammonia: No idea
Nitrite: No idea
pH: No idea

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? Every morning and night
How much do you feed your fish? 2 pellets and a bit of daphnia or bloodworms
What brand of food do you feed your fish? Top Fin Betta Bits and Betta Dial- A- Treat
Do you feed frozen or freeze-dried foods? Freeze Dried

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? 3 weeks
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? Today
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? Ragged fins
Have you started any treatment for the illness? No
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? No
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? No

Explain your emergency situation in detail. (Please give a clear explanation of what is going on, include details from the beginning of the illness leading up to now)
Today I saw one of my betta's fins ragged and he has very smooth fins so it's not normal.

Attachments

Ling313

Ok, so I had a betta that every time I turned on the aquarium light, his fins would be ripped up the next day. He was fighting with his reflection. If the 2 bettas see each other through the divider, they may be fighting, ripping up their own fins. The other thing is that your tank isn’t cycled. I’d get some tetra safestart (seed bacteria) pronto to help cycle the tank fast- just follow the directions on the bottle. Fish get sick fast when the tank isn’t set up properly.

Betta'sAnonymous

Well Known
Definitely add some more plants along the divider especially. Currently battling a fin biter myself, caused by his own reflection.

New Threads